Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > New Kegs arriving soon!, Update and apology

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
KegconnectionLLC
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default New Kegs arriving soon!, Update and apology

I have had a lot of questions about new 5 gallon kegs from Italy. We are still waiting on the new kegs. They come from Italy, so if we sell more than expected they take over three months to come in from the order date. We have had these on order for over three months and they were supposed to arrive yesterday. I just checked with my shipping broker and she said the ship was delayed and it is supposed to arrive today. They will then have to unload the ship, put our container on a truck and bring it to us, so it will probably be another week before we have our hands on these. Sorry for the delay. We are putting in another order now so we should not have this issue next time, but if they sell extremely fast it is always possible. We have to come up with a very large amount of money up front to pay for a container of these kegs, so we have to manage these as closely as possible or it really effects our cash flow. I am working with the vendor to get to the point where we never run out of these. My apologies again for being out of these for so long.
Thanks,
Todd

jperry Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
jperry
Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 529

Thanks for the update, i appreciate it. I was about to call in, and check the status on them.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
DustBow
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

High quality used kegs are getting harder to find & definitely more expensive. Soon enough it will just make sense to always buy a new one - and I certainly trust these Italian ones more than the cheaper Chinese ones popping up everywhere....they're probably fine but I definitely feel better about the AEG kegs

"Brewing beer is neither complicated nor expensive. It's the responsibility of the brewer to make it as complicated and expensive as their spouse & budget will allow."

Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
theknub
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 61

out of curiosity, are these pin or ball lock?

Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #5
KegconnectionLLC
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknub View Post
out of curiosity, are these pin or ball lock?
They are ball lock.
If you need a new pin lock we can convert them over, but they would be the height of ball lock.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:11 AM   #6
theknub
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 61

hight doesn't really concern me, but that would be a nice offering (new pin locks) for some of us (i prefer pin since i know i will mix up the lines)

Old 04-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
JRems
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I have read on another thread here on hbt that the new Italian kegs have integrated post/poppet assemblies and that the keg gets damaged if the posts are removed? Is this true?

Old 04-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
orion7144
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts

What will the price be?

Old 05-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
KegconnectionLLC
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRems View Post
I have read on another thread here on hbt that the new Italian kegs have integrated post/poppet assemblies and that the keg gets damaged if the posts are removed? Is this true?
Nothing has changed on these and the Keg and keg posts are NOT damaged when you remove the posts. There are four major poppets used on kegs depending on when they were made and who made them. AEB kegs use the same threads as a Cornelius keg, but not the same poppet. They actually use a poppet that was also used on Firestone Pin Lock kegs. These poppets seat further than some of the other poppets and sometimes when you remove them you can bend the legs. This is not a problem if you are removing them to replace them, but would be if you were just taking them apart. There is really no reason to remove a poppet unless you need to replace one. The kegs can be cleaned and sanitized without removing the posts, so I don't ever remove the posts on my kegs unless there is an issue.
Todd

Old 05-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
Indytruks138
2 Punks Brewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 218 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegconnectionLLC View Post
Nothing has changed on these and the Keg and keg posts are NOT damaged when you remove the posts. There are four major poppets used on kegs depending on when they were made and who made them. AEB kegs use the same threads as a Cornelius keg, but not the same poppet. They actually use a poppet that was also used on Firestone Pin Lock kegs. These poppets seat further than some of the other poppets and sometimes when you remove them you can bend the legs. This is not a problem if you are removing them to replace them, but would be if you were just taking them apart. There is really no reason to remove a poppet unless you need to replace one. The kegs can be cleaned and sanitized without removing the posts, so I don't ever remove the posts on my kegs unless there is an issue.
Todd
Just out of curiosity, how do you suggest cleaning a keg fully without taking off the posts? I feel this is the only way to ensure every single surface has soaked in PBW or whatever cleaning method you use.

Quick Reply