THESE PRICES ALSO INCLUDE FLAT RATE $7.95 SHIPPING, regardless of number of kegs ordered.
prices AFTER receiving your HBT exclusive promo code:5 Gallon Keg = $110.35
3 Gallon Keg = $105.75
2.5 Gallon Keg = $102.99*******UPDATE - At the moment we are having a sale which actually makes these kegs less expensive than they would be with the code, so there is no reason to request a code!********Note concerning Chinese kegs that have entered the market.***
When we decided to bring new kegs into Kegconnection we looked at four different manufactures. Three of these were from China and the forth was AEB in Italy. Of the four kegs the AEB stood out as the clear winner. At first our plan was to select one Chinese company in addition to AEB in order to have some choices for our customers. We found serious issues with all of the Chinese kegs we tested. Here are some of the issues we ran into:
- Some of the Chinese companies claimed their kegs were 304 stainless, but in testing them we found they were not.
- Many of the welds were not sanitary and we believe would have issues in the future.
- They failed much too soon in the high pressure test. None of them failed before the 130 PSI, but vessels that hold pressure are supposed to withstand much more pressure than they are rated for in order to be safe.
- They have no food or beverage grade approvals. This means that they are not authorized for this use in the United States or Canada for beverage and no one has independently verified that the materials being used are safe for this purpose.
- They are not ISO 9000 Certified. While this is not, in our opinion, always necessary but we believe it is when dealing with a pressure vessel.
- The companies that manufacture these kegs could not provide us with any type of insurance in the USA or Canada. This is of great concern to us as a business because if someone were to have an issue that caused harm, we believe it would be very difficult to get any type of help from a small Chinese company without insurance.
- Many of the Chinese kegs had very different parts that were not at all compatible with kegs currently on the market. We believe this is a serious problem because we have no idea which of these companies will be successful in making kegs, and parts will be practically impossible to find for any that don't make it.
we believe in our customers being fully informed, 100%, of what they are buying, so that there are no future surprises in store for you. if you have any questions concerning our kegs or any kegs currently on the market (Italian made, Chinese Made, whatever) please feel free to post them here!
also, to show how much we care about you guys here on HomebrewTalk
, we have an additional 8% OFF
these already low sale prices! the catch?
you need to be a registered HBT member and reply to this thread
asking for the code, then we'll PM it to you ASAP. this code will work only for these new kegs, but it is an unlimited code and our way of showing our sincere thanks to the community that makes us who we are as a company! don't forget that we always offer $7.95 flat rate shipping, no matter what or how many items you order!
we do ask that you please not share this code around social media as we are serious that this is truly only a deal our friends at HBT will receive.*******UPDATE - At the moment we are having a sale which actually makes these kegs less expensive than they would be with the code, so there is no reason to request a code!*****