Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > NEW How-To Video - "Transferring Your Beer From A Secondary Fermeter To A Keg"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
KegconnectionLLC
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default NEW How-To Video - "Transferring Your Beer From A Secondary Fermeter To A Keg"

Since the very beginning of our existence as a company, we've been asked many questions regarding homebrewing and draft beer equipment.

Recently, we started recording some videos (how to's and product showcases) for homebrewers to be able to reference when in need.

Our first newly produced video is a how to on transferring your beer from a secondary fermenter to a homebrew keg[/url]. The production of this video is relevant not only because it's a common question we get, but also because we have recently started offering homebrew ingredients and supplies on our site as well as all the other draft beer equipment we've been selling for years!

We'd love to hear your input on the information presented in this video, what you might change, and any ideas you have for future videos we should produce.

cheers,

Kegconnection LLC
Wingnutt73 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
tagz
Recipes 

Liked 115 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Pretty decent production quality. I like the multiple angles and music.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
TAK
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Great video. I'd love to see more in the future. Is/Will this be posed on your site?

Old 04-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #4
KegconnectionLLC
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
Great video. I'd love to see more in the future. Is/Will this be posed on your site?
Thanks! Yes - this video and all future videos will be housed here: http://www.kegconnection.com/documen...how-to-videos/

which is accessible through the top main navigation menu on our site.

cheers,

Kegconnection LLC

Old 04-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #5
Wingnutt73
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I pretty much do the same thing when Kegging my brew. It is nice to see a video though so thank you and would love to see more.

Primary - Wingnutt's Somethin Pumpkin
Secondary -Empty
Bottled- Apricot Double IPA
Kegged- Galaxy Brown Ale

Old 04-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #6
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 653 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Production value is great, but two things come to mind that could have been mentioned, although they may be more technical than what you were going for. First is purging the keg with CO2 before transferring and second is using CO2 to push the beer rather than using an autosiphon. Both will go a long way in preventing oxidation.

transfer2secondary_crop.jpg  

Billy-Klubb

Old 04-29-2014, 03:27 AM   #7
Ramitt
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 158

Great video, would have helped me a lot when I first started kegging.

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime! - Bill Owen

Old 04-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #8
KegconnectionLLC
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldUR View Post
Production value is great, but two things come to mind that could have been mentioned, although they may be more technical than what you were going for. First is purging the keg with CO2 before transferring and second is using CO2 to push the beer rather than using an autosiphon. Both will go a long way in preventing oxidation.

Thank you for your feedback! We were trying to keep it as simple as possible but might either make another video about purging the keg & using CO2 to push the beer (vs autosiphon) OR add it to this current video.

cheers,

Kegconnection LLC

Old 04-30-2014, 02:24 AM   #9
richl025
Baby Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 28

Nicely done video, and not only are things like this a nice public service for the homebrew community, they reflect well on your company and keeps your name in people's minds <g>.

I just kegged my first batch last weekend, from reading this forum I had pretty much figured out how to do it, but your video would have been great to see beforehand...

Interesting point on sanitation being "not quite so important" (or words to that effect) at this point, after fermentation. That had never occurred to me, and I had always stressed out a little bit with my sanitation & cleanliness at this point (when bottling as well). Maybe now I can relax a little more <g>.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #10
TAK
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegconnectionLLC View Post
Thank you for your feedback! We were trying to keep it as simple as possible but might either make another video about purging the keg & using CO2 to push the beer (vs autosiphon) OR add it to this current video.

cheers,

Kegconnection LLC
Just my $0.02, the bit about purging the keg would have been a good addition to this video. That was the one thing I thought was missing, because it's easy and worth the effort. A video about pushing out of a carboy with CO2 would be really great. I think that's a desperate video though, since it's more of an advanced method.

Quick Reply