Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > A little feedback if you will?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
ApexBrewWares
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default A little feedback if you will?

Hey guys and gals,
Well our first month here has been a blast! We always want to find ways to improve our website and decided the best way was to simply ask for a little help from all of you!
If you have looked at our website, or if you dont mind doing so, please take a moment and tell us what we need to stock, or improve to make our site more useful to you.
Thanks in advance for any insight and I hope we can gain some useful feedback here.

Visit us at www.apexbrewwares.com
Facebook ApexBrewWares
Twitter @ApexBrewWaresBlog: http://apexbrewwares.wordpress.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
WestphAles
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Noticed you only offer immersion chillers- perhaps consider adding a plate chiller or two to the lineup?

Old 06-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
Vance71975
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexBrewWares View Post
Hey guys and gals,
Well our first month here has been a blast! We always want to find ways to improve our website and decided the best way was to simply ask for a little help from all of you!
If you have looked at our website, or if you dont mind doing so, please take a moment and tell us what we need to stock, or improve to make our site more useful to you.
Thanks in advance for any insight and I hope we can gain some useful feedback here.
Off the top of my head at a glance, More Kits, More Grain Choices including some of the harder to find grains such as Oat Malt. More yeast choices,more hops choices. When i look at a site, i tend to look for as many choices as possible.

The mind is like a beer, it does the most good when it is opened.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
ApexBrewWares
Recipes 

Perfect guys! Exactly what I was looking for. The entire Wyeast lineup minus the seasonals will be available by the weekend. Same for all domestic hops and NZ hops that are available to me hopefully by the weekend. I am still trying to source an affordable plate chiller. Thanks so much for the help!
Jeremy

Facebook ApexBrewWares

Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
ArcLight
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 48

1. have more recipe kits.

2. differentiate yourself from teh competition - EVERYONE offers kits for XXX, YYY, ZZZ. Maybe you can find beers AAA and BBB that are not widely offered in kits, or if they are, yours have a twist.

3. nitpick - Amamzon has better prices on the burners. Suggestion - look at Amazon prices for items that you offer. Maybe you can still sell some of those, but it may also be an indication of a product where you are at a competitive disadvantage.
(Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker, Propane is $7 less on Amazon, with free shipping)

In any case, best of luck.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
kapbrew13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 33 Posts

My 2 cents... Your prices are better then my local HBSs but seem to be higher then other online sites. Example; hops at 2.20/oz for cascade seems to be a lot compared to another site that sells them for 0.85/oz.
How I shop is by price first, then by site reviews, and finally personally experience after I order. If the price isn't there, I won't buy from a site unless they offer something other sites don't. Once the price is there, I read the reviews, especially the negative ones before placing the order.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
ApexBrewWares
Recipes 

Good stuff guys. Keep it coming. I know we are cheaper on some things and more on others. We are continually working on sourcing things cheaper and cheaper as we go. Hops included. Thanks!
Jeremy

Facebook ApexBrewWares

Old 06-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 327 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I would prefer if you listed the per pound price for the grains instead of, $0.00 - $34.60. Seeing that I have to go through to the specific items page just to see what a pound costs is annoying.

Also, doesn't carapils belong with the crystal malts? It is currently in the specialty malts.

Lastly, I don't know if this is just my browser or what, but I have this annoying scroll bar that is under your banner on some pages.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:24 PM   #10
ApexBrewWares
Recipes 

TheMan I think I can list the per pound price as well easily enough. Carapils seems to be listed on a ton of sites under crystal for some and under specialty on others. I think Ill just put it in both! Easy enough.
As for the scroll bar I looked through every page and I dont see what you are talking about. Maybe it is just a browser setting like you said.
In any event thank you for your input!
Jeremy

Facebook ApexBrewWares

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS