Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Kegconnection's Black Friday / Cyber Monday Blowout!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 02:52 AM   #161
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchtBier View Post
Placed my order on 11/23 (Black Friday)

Got my keg and kit on Monday

Virginia! That's quick!
Got my order today too... Pretty much the 'normal' time frame. At least from Texas to here.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #162
dward
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Found replacement gaskets and o rings for the racetrack kegs.

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=563

Has anybody found any other places to get them? Would really like to find somewhere else with better shipping prices.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #163
scottland
Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by abandonhope16 View Post
Went back through the thread and confirmed that the differences were mentioned on the first page (at least on the mobile version of the site), right around where you asked about the flat rate shipping. I know it doesn't make your frustrations go away, but it was discussed.
The lid O-ring was discussed, and i'm not at all concerned about that.

The diptube and diptube oring are like nothing I've ever seen. The oring is about 3/4 inch long and sits down in a collar on the post threads. The dip tube itself is significantly larger in diameter.

The gas inlet tube is made of plastic rather than stainless, smells like soda, and it's cracked. Not sure where I'm going to find a replacement for that. There's also a nylon insert/collar inside the gas post that's cracked and needs replaced. A good example is, the link that dward just posted for racetrack o-rings, none of those will fit my keg. I'll take some pictures later today.

The post stated, "The Racetrack style lid is more oval but DOES use standard O-Rings and this keg will come with an EXTRA O-Ring pack like any other keg we sell on Kegconnection" The problem being, none of those o-rings fit. It's just misleading that's all.

I know kegconnection is good vendor, and I know this wasn't done on purpose. I'm assuming they just didn't look at the keg I received closely enough. I noticed on their site they have a nylon/plastic piece that would fit. If i can get one of those and a stainless gas tube, I'll probably be alright.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #164
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward View Post
Found replacement gaskets and o rings for the racetrack kegs.

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=563

Has anybody found any other places to get them? Would really like to find somewhere else with better shipping prices.
Have you checked with McMaster-Carr?? Remove one of the lid o-rings, measure it, and see what McMaster-Carr has them for (and how many in a pack).

Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 AM   #165
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 785 Times on 545 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Got my kegs today, hats off to the extremely quick shipping! Can you tell me about this type of pressure relief valve on the coke conversions. I have not seen these before. I guess it is set to release at a certain pressure but cannot be manually activated to relieve pressure. Maybe? Anyways, thanks for the deal and great service (and for the sticker).

20121128_173630.jpg  

Old 11-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #166
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRatBrewer View Post
Got my kegs today, hats off to the extremely quick shipping! Can you tell me about this type of pressure relief valve on the coke conversions. I have not seen these before. I guess it is set to release at a certain pressure but cannot be manually activated to relieve pressure. Maybe? Anyways, thanks for the deal and great service (and for the sticker).
Sacrificial pressure release valve there. When it gets too high, the release in the lid triggers to save the keg. Problem is, it's a one shot wonder/deal. Most of the time, keg lids from ball locks will fit on those too. So you can change it over. Or you can try removing the relief valve in the lid. IF it has a nut underneath, you should be able to remove it. If it's welded in, you're boned.

Fermenting
K1:

Old 11-29-2012, 02:59 AM   #167
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 785 Times on 545 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Sacrificial pressure release valve there. When it gets too high, the release in the lid triggers to save the keg. Problem is, it's a one shot wonder/deal. Most of the time, keg lids from ball locks will fit on those too. So you can change it over. Or you can try removing the relief valve in the lid. IF it has a nut underneath, you should be able to remove it. If it's welded in, you're boned.
Thanks for the information. I have an extra lid I'll try on one of the 2 I got, and will look into replacing the other as well.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #168
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 136

All my stuff came in on Thursday. The keg was under pressure so that's good but I haven't pulled anything apart on it to look at all the unusual pieces yet.
I got one of the racetrack lid kegs in the sale the week earlier too and I haven't even opened that box.
If anyone finds a source for the plastic pieces and the odd gaskets that's reasonable I hope they post so that I can pick up spare parts.
I would like to have stuff to rebuild these kegs at least a couple times.
The rest of the stuff all looked good though.
Maybe I will get my new 15 pound CO2 tank filled this weekend.

Let's see if I keep this updated!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 11-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #169
mrkrausen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 21

All the equipment I ordered arrived Wednesday. With all the positive feedback I didn't have any worries but I figured I would add mine. The deals were great, the shipping was fast and the products appear to be solid. This was my first, of surely many Kegconnection purchases. Unfortunately I bottled a batch three days before this arrived. Oh well, more reason to brew again this week. Thanks again.

I'm in over my head...fortunately that's right where I like to be.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #170
dward
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45_70sharps View Post
All my stuff came in on Thursday. The keg was under pressure so that's good but I haven't pulled anything apart on it to look at all the unusual pieces yet.
I got one of the racetrack lid kegs in the sale the week earlier too and I haven't even opened that box.
If anyone finds a source for the plastic pieces and the odd gaskets that's reasonable I hope they post so that I can pick up spare parts.
I would like to have stuff to rebuild these kegs at least a couple times.
The rest of the stuff all looked good though.
Maybe I will get my new 15 pound CO2 tank filled this weekend.
Haven't had a chance to measure the spacers, but I think this is what your looking for.

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376_1_3_260 &products_id=775

They also have the proper Orings.

Quick Reply