Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Kegconnection.com - Black Friday AD!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #261
Gritsak
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geepmaley View Post
Just took a look at the racetrack I got. Dents on the canister and a bulge on the bottom plastic. Hope that's not an idicator of a future fail. Holding pressure, poppets and pressure relief valve all seem to work. Poppets release with a thumbnail push, then reseal. so still holding pressure
That bulge on the bottom is normal for "racetrack" lid kegs...the bottom metal is "channeled" so the beer funnels over to the bulged area. They aren't conical shaped like new (oval lid) ball-lock kegs.

I brew lots of beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #262
copyright1997
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Got my black Friday order late Friday. $20 b-grade keg, the pre-black Friday pin-lock kit (co2 tank, regulator, gas and bev line hoses with qd's, pin-lock keg), and perlick 575ss. Everything works, except for the plastic picnic tap which "always" works (i.e. it runs even when shut off as I found out the hard way after putting liquid in the keg and gassing it up). I tried unscrewing the top and re-seating it, but to no avail, so I replaced it with another picnic tap I had laying around. Both kegs hold a seal, and the $20 b-grade keg looks just as good as most of my other kegs. The pin-lock keg has a slightly bent gas post, but it functions correctly (doesn't appear to be leaking, I checked with Star San) so I'm not all that concerned.

I haven't been able to use the Perlick (and won't for a while), but it looks perfect. I also haven't yet used the co2 container, but it looks fine and is dated 10/11. (I will fill it later this week to check it out/put it into use.)

The packing job was done nicely, with plenty of absorbing paper. The regulator was nicely bubble wrapped as was the co2 container.

All in all I am happy with my purchase and the service (but did wish the picnic tap didn't leak).

Last n brews: (P=Primary) (K=Keg) (B=Keg->Bottle)
7/26: Flower Power(P) 6/13: Rolling Rock (K), 6/09: Yooper's Pale Ale (K), 5/27: Columbus IPA (K), 5/17: Victory Hop Devil (K), 5/15: Summit MO SMASH (K), 5/12: Sierra Nevada Celebration (K), 5/03: Schwartzbeir (B) 4/10: Birch Beer (Soda) (K), 3/31: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (B), 3/25: Belgian Ale (SWMBO slayer) (B), 3/21: mrbowenz English IPA (B), 3/17: Mirror Pond Ale (K), 3/17: Blue Moon's "Old Country Cousin" (B), 3/15: Sculpin IPA (B),

Old 12-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #263
copyright1997
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Got my black Friday order late Friday. $20 b-grade keg, the pre-black Friday pin-lock kit (co2 tank, regulator, gas and bev line hoses with qd's, pin-lock keg), and perlick 575ss. Everything works, except for the plastic picnic tap which "always" works (i.e. it runs even when shut off as I found out the hard way after putting liquid in the keg and gassing it up). I tried unscrewing the top and re-seating it, but to no avail, so I replaced it with another picnic tap I had laying around. Both kegs hold a seal, and the $20 b-grade keg looks just as good as most of my other kegs. The pin-lock keg has a slightly bent gas post, but it functions correctly (doesn't appear to be leaking, I checked with Star San) so I'm not all that concerned.

I haven't been able to use the Perlick (and won't for a while), but it looks perfect. I also haven't yet used the co2 container, but it looks fine and is dated 10/11. (I will fill it later this week to check it out/put it into use.)

The packing job was done nicely, with plenty of absorbing paper. The regulator was nicely bubble wrapped as was the co2 container.

All in all I am happy with my purchase and the service (but did wish the picnic tap didn't leak).

Last n brews: (P=Primary) (K=Keg) (B=Keg->Bottle)
7/26: Flower Power(P) 6/13: Rolling Rock (K), 6/09: Yooper's Pale Ale (K), 5/27: Columbus IPA (K), 5/17: Victory Hop Devil (K), 5/15: Summit MO SMASH (K), 5/12: Sierra Nevada Celebration (K), 5/03: Schwartzbeir (B) 4/10: Birch Beer (Soda) (K), 3/31: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (B), 3/25: Belgian Ale (SWMBO slayer) (B), 3/21: mrbowenz English IPA (B), 3/17: Mirror Pond Ale (K), 3/17: Blue Moon's "Old Country Cousin" (B), 3/15: Sculpin IPA (B),

Old 12-04-2011, 03:26 AM   #264
huntley
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyright1997 View Post
That's a good point - I didn't comment on the packing because I took it for granted. Everything was securely bubble wrapped and separated to prevent damage. Nice job by Anthony (I'm assuming)!

Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #265
Strecker25
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

just want to say I got my order today and everything was perfect. Even the B grade kegs are in decent shape, and all 3 kegs were pressurized in the box which I have to appreciate since im sure it stops dents during shipping, and guranteed to me that they hold pressure.

great sale, and ill definitely use Kegconnection in the future

Old 12-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #266
Esmitee
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Thank You Todd !

Old 12-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #267
DreadedHill
Recipes 

Thanks Todd, my new keg kit is installed and first Corny Keg is on tap. Great products and service.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #268
Sheldon
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 28

My buddy and I put together my dual tap kegorator this morning. There were a couple of unexpected suprises and problems (having to drill a second hole for the second gas line and having to get a large enough drill bit) that I will be contacting Customer Service about on Monday, but it it working now. Can't wait for my beers to carb. After all the phone contact with them, I am surprised that they didn't warm me about this.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #269
Sheldon
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default update

Spoke to Todd this afternoon and he apologized for the problems I was having and the delay in communications from his customer service personnel. I told him I could understand, especially this time of the year. He promised to send out the parts to correct the damaged pieces I had received. Got to love it when you don't have to beg the vendor to believe you and they understand where you are coming from. Kudos KC.

Quick Reply