Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Jack O Lantern Juice (Harvest Pumpkin Ale) Sale priced recipe Kit!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
ApexBrewWares
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Jack O Lantern Juice (Harvest Pumpkin Ale) Sale priced recipe Kit!

Jack O Lantern Juice!! Who likes pumpkin ale? Who loves tasting fall? This guy! Fall is my favorite time of year and this is one reason why. A lot of pumpkin ales come out way too pumpkin-y and way too sweet. This one has the perfect balance of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, 3 hops, and other assorted spices. My buddy who gave me this recipe has won numerous awards with it and asked me not to disclose the whole recipe in completion. Good news is I can still offer it in a kit for us all to enjoy! I am going to package hops and spices together in three easy to add bags of goodness. I did however spice the name up a bit as he calls it something way lamer. As always, this is one that I have brewed many times and I think you will love it!

Both recipes use either Safeale 05 or Wyeast 1056 American Ale. Best fermented for 2-4 weeks.

Available in an all grain or extract version, both come in right around 5.25% ABV.

You still have plenty of time to brew this and have it ready before Halloween. It is also a nice brew to have on tap all fall and winter long!

http://www.apexbrewwares.com/Weekly-...mpkin-Ale.html

Visit us at www.apexbrewwares.com
Facebook ApexBrewWares
Twitter @ApexBrewWaresBlog: http://apexbrewwares.wordpress.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
ApexBrewWares
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

I did think just now to mention that this is a tad easier to primary in a bucket instead of a carboy simply because you want to scoop all of the pumpkin remains into the fermenter after boiling. It can certainly be done in a carboy, and I have many times, but it is just a tad easier in a bucket. Thanks to local brewer Eric for reminding me of that as he texted me updates of his brew today!
Jeremy

Facebook ApexBrewWares

Reason: Becuase I cant spell!

Old 09-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
sfine118
Recipes 

Will probably be coming by tomorrow to pick this up. Also to look around, havent been to your shop yet.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
ApexBrewWares
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Just a friendly reminder that this is still on sale through at least today. I helped a customer brew it saturday as his first brew ever and it smells soooooooooo good!
Jeremy

Facebook ApexBrewWares

Old 09-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #5
sfine118
Recipes 

Thank you again Jeremy for the kit. The house smelled soooo amazing while brewing! And again thank you for the awesome and fast service. Youve been a great help! Will def be buying from you again!

Quick Reply