Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Hop Rhizomes: Pre-order FHB

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #21
KOELSCHKING
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

When you are propagating a new plant from a rhizomes they need to put energy into developing their root structure. First year yield is never that high. If you want hops this summer/ fall you may want to buy a crown.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #22
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 167 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I got mine on Saturday! They look to be as good as any rhizome as I have ever seen. The cascade was nice and fat and the centennial are all fatter than a pencil.

Now I need to head off to the Home Depot and get some parts for building my hop trellis/garden.

Thanks!

Old 04-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #23
uberg33k
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Got mine last night. Pretty excellent shipping considering they left on Sat. The bag each rhizome came in was slightly misted so as to keep it moist without overdoing it.

That Hallertau and Cascade are big, healthy, and beyond expectation. The Willamette is about what I expected size wise and had some buds starting on it. The Tettnanger is a bit scrawny, but it did have some buds to it, so I'm hoping all will be well with that guy.

I'll update with pics later on in the year, but I just wanted to show what I ended up with and to say I'd order rhizomes with Farmhouse again.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:06 AM   #24
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 167 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I am pleased to report I have growth! (Not that I had doubts but confirmation is always nice.) Almost all of the hops are 1-2 inches past the mound and I have hope that the rest will be along shortly.

I am sorry I forgot my camera when I went down to the farm. I will post up a few pics on the next trip!

Thanks for the hops!

Old 05-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #25
uberg33k
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial View Post
I am pleased to report I have growth! (Not that I had doubts but confirmation is always nice.) Almost all of the hops are 1-2 inches past the mound and I have hope that the rest will be along shortly.

I am sorry I forgot my camera when I went down to the farm. I will post up a few pics on the next trip!

Thanks for the hops!
That's it? 3 of 4 of mine have several bines at least 24" long at this point. The 4th (the Hallertau above) seems to be a dud. Not a single sprout. Weird since it looked like the biggest and healthiest of the bunch.

Quick Reply