New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Growler fillers for Perlicks 9.99 Shipped

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #51
Dolomieu
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 91

I do have it. I will report back after i use it tonight

Draft beer, Not me!!! - Belching Penguin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #52
Dolomieu

Recipes 

SO i Was able to use this set up last night. It was less than perfect but most things are on the first run. to start of i run my keezer at 11 psi and have 10ft lines to the taps from the kegs.

When i first got the growler filler it felt tight. I put it in one faucet, removed it and set it aside until the complement showed up. When it did i replaced the tubing with what came with the complement. The tubing looked a little small but with warm water i was able to get it on the bard of the filler. I had to push the stainless tube of the complement in about an inch to get it in to the tubing tightly. Put a pump needle in the stopper like i have with my previous set up.

Once the pressure built up a bit i had some issues. The growler filler would pop out, which made a bit of a mess. The beer would also make its way between the tubing and the stainless tube and spray a fine mist from the edge.

I was under the impression that i would be able to use this set up with out having to change the pressure of the kegs but maybe i was wrong. After the first couple bottles i was able to work around some issues and secure things with large twisty ties to get through the bottle filling session.

Am i missing something in my set up? I can use zip ties to tighten the tube around the complement but what to do about the filler popping out? Maybe I need to lessen my pressure to 5psi. The filler wasn't near as tight as the first time i put it in. Not sure why, i gave the o rings a good looking over, they looked ok.

I was able to bottle up 11 beers. There was just way more clean up than i thought

Last edited by Dolomieu; 02-07-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: i doesnt spells sos goods somestimes

Old 02-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #53
Irrenarzt
HNIC
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 149 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 87

Sorry about the mess but we have all been through that with the first time. You get much better with practice.

Sounds like you will need to go with 5 psi as the adapter is not a tight fit with your faucet. Some are tighter than others and the downside with the Ontario fitting is that it only has two o-rings so it won't necessarily bite as hard as the Bowie bottler. That said, I've had good luck with both so you just need practice to fine tune your process.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #54
Dolomieu

Recipes 

I can deal with the mess and this hobby is really about cleaning with the by product being beer. So that really wasn't a big deal. In fact I'm not unhappy with either of the products. There is just a slight learning curve that i probably could have bypassed had bottling the beer been all i was doing. I had racked some cider and been doing other thing that you guy are all familiar with.

Had I taken a minute to look things over before starting the bottling process i would have secured the tubing around the stainless steel part. Had i been familiar with my setups issue of blowing out the filler i would have lowered the pressure before starting. It's just that the top of my keezer is such a nice place to put things, like the beer i'm drinking(also bottles and caps).

Old 02-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #55
Dolomieu

Recipes 

Bottled up a case yesterday afternoon. Went much better. Psi at 5 and a zip tie around the tubing going over the complement made all the difference.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #56
Oldskooler
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Wow I ordered this filler and in less than 5 days delivered to FL. Works great.

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand the answer

Cranky Bastard Brewing

Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #57
Airplanedoc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 253 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Ordered at 5pm today. Will post when it arrives in Illinois

Arrived at noon, so it was 5 days including a weekend. A+

Old 03-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #58
milpool
Recipes 

I just wanted to say I ordered the Ontario fitting on ebay, as well as the Compliment from Irrenarzt on the forums and both arrived extremely fast and look like they are going to work great on my system (as soon as I complete my keezer).

So a big thumbs up to both of those guys, great products and service.

Also same seller who sells the Ontario adaptor has a nice wrench you may want to check out, esp if you are like me and have had some keg posts that are REALLY stuck.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #59
HarkinBanks
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I have the bowie bottler and the complement from Irrenartz but it looks like bowie isn't making them anymore?

So on to my question for this adapter. What do you think is the max pressure it would hold coming out of the tap without popping off?

I have this idea to fill my 3 gallon keg with BLC, pump it up to 15-20 psi and recirculate it though my beer lines in a closed system. I have no idea if this would work but wanted to give it a try.

6th Street Brewing Company

Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #60
Irrenarzt
HNIC
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 149 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 87

You will need to test and see how much your fitting will hold PSI wise. I doubt you need 20 PSI to recirc your cleaning solution. I use a 3 gallon corny for my line cleaning but I do not recirc. I just fill a bucket with what comes out of the tap. then do the same with sanitizer, then call it good.

Quick Reply