FastFerment Conical Fermenter PRESALE- $90 Shipped!!! Only 1000 units!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got mine today after ups lost it and it made a tour around the U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

V6nqBVV.jpg

Found it, my particular issue was that I needed to add a secondary site to my NoScript whitelist :)

I got the 2nd ball but I'm not having any luck with it not leaking, I've already went through all the Teflon with no success.

I got the 2nd ball but I'm not having any luck with it not leaking, I've already went through all the Teflon with no success.

Are you wrapping the Teflon tape in the correct direction? Wrap it in the direction of the threads. I bought 2 of the fermenters and was able to wrap all of the threads with less than one of the rolls they included; none of the threads leaked.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Are you wrapping the Teflon tape in the correct direction? Wrap it in the direction of the threads. I bought 2 of the fermenters and was able to wrap all of the threads with less than one of the rolls they included; none of the threads leaked.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right and it's only one of the balls that's leaking. I'll try a few more times after picking up some more Teflon.

Transferred my batch tonight and happy to report it was a complete success! No leaks what so ever. Bottled 4 bombers and kegged the rest. Again, be sure to wrap and wrap threads. I had lots of leaks on trial runs with transferring. But made sure everything was tight when I transferred.

So do you have to unwrap, clean and rewrap between every batch? What happens if you get a batch in there and it starts leaking? I'm interested in one of these but all the reports of leaking are making me question.

On deck: Imperial Stout, Vienna Lager
Primary: Empty
Secondary: Mojave Red, Irish Stout, Tramp Stamp Clone, Helles, Oktoberfest, Roggenbier
On tap: Naked American Wheat, Turbo IIPA
Bottled: Dwarven Gold Ale, La Fin Du Mond clone, Hefeweizen

I didn't have any problems with leaking when I tested with water. I just used one wrap of Teflon tape and wrapped it in the direction of the threads.

Really the only part too watch is attaching and removing the collection ball and siphon adapter. The other threads one time only, they recommend every 6 months or how much you use it. The bulkhead is where leaks occur on and around the large threads. I had to use teflon tape here and thread on ball. Than when draining I had no problem. But originally after a few days fermenting it started to leak a little around this area. So I closed value removed ball and wrapped. Reattached than within 24hrs it leaked.

This time I re-cleaned area and wrapped more. Put ball back on and sat for 5 days no problems. Removed ball, attached siphon setup and no leaks. Instructions say that you don't have to tape the large threads but I absolutely had too.

When testing transferring liquid (star-san) it leaked immediately when liquid was stopped after opening value. Tried to hold liquid in tube and pressure caused leak back at bulkhead. Than realized that I needed to tape threads on bulkhead, this solved my leaks.
Brew on.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well and ready for the weekend!

Just wanted to send out a quick note about the FastFerment Temperature Control Jacket that we just launched a pre-sale for! Hoping you could check it out and help spread the good word!

http://fastbrewing.com/content/tjacket

Have a great weekend and thanks for the support!

Happy FastFementing!

Best - Cheers,

Casey & The FastBrewing and WineMaking Team

So what's to keep me from zipping a gym bag over my fermenter and saving the 60 bucks?

So what's to keep me from zipping a gym bag over my fermenter and saving the 60 bucks?

I like the fact that everything is already cut to use it with the wall mount and it looks like it has a nice place to hang the bottles from. Also being insulated. You could very well use a gym bag...if you can find one big enough. Worth the money for me and mine was pre-ordered the first day

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well and ready for the weekend!

Just wanted to send out a quick note about the FastFerment Temperature Control Jacket that we just launched a pre-sale for! Hoping you could check it out and help spread the good word!

http://fastbrewing.com/content/tjacket

Have a great weekend and thanks for the support!

Happy FastFementing!

Best - Cheers,

Casey & The FastBrewing and WineMaking Team

I am very interested in this jacket, but can you elaborate on how the frozen bottles attach within the bag when the unit is wall mounted? I could see they seem to hang internally but could you elaborate on this a little more?

Also, any chance you could throw in a thermometer for the thermo-well for a pre-order? I never purchased the thermometer b/c I thought the jacket would some how use the thermo-well when it was released (thus regulating the temperature). What's the harm in asking, right?

PS - I love the FastFerment system, it's working out great!

Hi,

The bottles hang from cords that we supply that hang from the actual wall mounts. So there is no weight on the conical or the bag. All the weight is supported by the metal wall mounts.

And sorry but no can do on the Thermometer! The $55 is already a smoking deal including shipping to your location. :)

Great to hear you love it - I think you will even more with a Temperature Control Jacket.

Best - Cheers,

Casey

Hi,

Just like to say that the customer support at Fastbrewing is A1. There was no Canadian option to purchase the pre-order of the TCJ, so I emailed Casey on Sept.22, he got back to me on the 24th, and said he would get his team on it next week. He emailed me today,(Sept.29), and said his guys would email when they had the Canadian option ready to go. I got an email shortly after Casey's, saying it was ready to go, from Jes Dean. I have now pre-purchased 2 jackets.

Awesome work guys, and no, I am not related to anyone at Fastbrewing, or receiving any gratuities.:rockin:

Lindsey

Back