The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Ever Drop a Glass Carboy? After all day of brewing..?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #31
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 738 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 1237

Beautiful products. I assume the six pack bottles can be capped "normally" like a glass bottle?

Also, I like the idea of the ball gas in on the growler.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #32
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 738 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 1237

Another question, if you added a dip tube, could the gas in post also serve as a liquid out post. My thought is you could bring it to a party pressurized, and also bring a picnic tap attached to a gray gas in attachment (I *believe* the gas and liquid on ball corney kegs are slightly different, at least they seem to be as the gas tap is next to impossible to remove when I accidently attched it to the wrong side).

Old 12-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #33
DeepWoodBrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRatBrewer View Post
Beautiful products. I assume the six pack bottles can be capped "normally" like a glass bottle?

Also, I like the idea of the ball gas in on the growler.

Yes, our bottles use the same crown cap style, as the breakable glass bottles.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #34
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 472 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRatBrewer View Post
Another question, if you added a dip tube, could the gas in post also serve as a liquid out post. My thought is you could bring it to a party pressurized, and also bring a picnic tap attached to a gray gas in attachment (I *believe* the gas and liquid on ball corney kegs are slightly different, at least they seem to be as the gas tap is next to impossible to remove when I accidently attched it to the wrong side).
I have three 1 gallon kegs. I'm bringing one of them over to my sister/mother's place for xmas eve and day drinking. While not cheap, the things are damned convenient. No need to worry about loss of carbonation, pouring, etc... If DW could come up with something that uses standard ball lock posts, I'm sure a LOT of people would use them. Of course it should be safe up to at least 45psi.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine
LabRatBrewer Likes This 
Old 12-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #35
Markd27
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Nice stuff, but can I make one nitpicky suggestion? Personally there's nothing more annoying than shopping online and all there is are tiny, thumbnail-sized images. Get some larger high resolution pics of your products on that site. The more angles the better, especially when you have products that are this good looking, you have to show them off. I think companies really underestimate the value of this simple strategy.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #36
Golddiggie
Recipes 

Liked 472 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markd27 View Post
Nice stuff, but can I make one nitpicky suggestion? Personally there's nothing more annoying than shopping online and all there is are tiny, thumbnail-sized images. Get some larger high resolution pics of your products on that site. The more angles the better, especially when you have products that are this good looking, you have to show them off. I think companies really underestimate the value of this simple strategy.
So I'm NOT the only one that wants to see larger images of the products, after all. It would also be nice to either make the text more dynamically sized (for people with displays that offer more than 1024x800 resolutions) or just a bit larger. It's difficult to read what's on there, unless I zoom the browser window above 130%. I don't have to do that with any other sites (using the 100%/default zoom level).

IMO, product has potential, but site could use a bit of work (nothing major mind you). Interested to see how things develop.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #37
TxBeerGuy
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Personally, I really like the stainless steel carboys. I'm a newbie still who hasn't invested in glass carboys yet so it wouldn't bother me to spend the extra coin on stainless. Quite a bargain compared to a conical. I will agree with the above posters who mentioned additional pictures from various views. All in all, looks to be a great product. Subscribed.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #38
ThatGeekGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Got the mini-keg growler, freaking cool. Functional and fashionable.

Primary 1: Lonely
Primary 2: Lonely
Secondary 1: Orange Mead (Made Jan. 2013)
On Tap #1: Catcher in the Rye Pale Ale
On Tap #2: Vanilla Porter
On Deck: Thinking....

Old 12-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #39
passedpawn
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2942 Times on 1868 Posts
Likes Given: 2485

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepWoodBrew View Post
WE have had alot of request for a gas in post..and will be selling this as an option for those who do want to pressurize for carbonation and/or to keep their brew lasting longer once opened. We appreciate everyones feedback..
I'd rather have a SS growler with a way to mount a paint ball CO2 cartridge, then a trigger-style tap. Schweet.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #40
Effingbeer
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

+1 to the above. A one gallon size with CO2 cartridge and a trigger tap would be something I would buy several of.

Quick Reply