*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Controlled Sale Idea - What do you think?
View Poll Results: Which idea is best?
Specific number of orders in a day. 36 42.86%
Specific time the sale is active. 35 41.67%
Some other idea from a HBTer that is smarter than me. 13 15.48%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #31
Brewmasters Warehouse
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Perhaps we could have a hybrid system of the 2 ideas.

Sunday: 10 AM - 4PM
Monday: First 10 orders starting at 8:00 AM
Tuesday: First 10 orders starting at 4:00 PM
Wednesday: First 10 orders starting at 8:00 PM
Thursday: First 10 orders starting at Noon
Friday: First 10 orders starting at 10 AM
Saturday: 11AM - 3 PM

This setup should hit everyone, or is it too confusing?

Purchase a recipe with Brew Builder and save 10% off the recipe. Use discount code: BBBYO

Become a fan of BMW on Facebook.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #32
mkling
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I really think you're going to get more people upset with you about having to keep track of where and when a sale is valid than about a slight delay. I've been a loyal customer since August buying all my supplies from you, but I don't want to monkey around with figuring out that I'm the 11th person so I've got to wait a day & maybe I'll get it in on time them & maybe I won't.

I was one of the folks whose order went out a bit late after CyberMonday & I had absolutely no complaints. I've always appreciated the good service & open communication I get from BMW. But it is a fact of business that you'll never satisfy everyone. Personally, I think you'll keep more people happy by running a "normal" sale & keeping most of your loyal customers happy. Otherwise, you're potentially inconveniencing your best, most loyal customers with overly complex sale schemes just to keep a few malcontents happy. That just seems wrong to me.

Recently Kicked Kegs: Fresh Hop Pale Ale, Citra Rye IPA
On Deck: Old Rasputin, Northstar IPA, Ur-bock Dunkel

Old 01-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #33
Hugh_Jass
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkling View Post
I really think you're going to get more people upset with you about having to keep track of where and when a sale is valid than about a slight delay. I've been a loyal customer since August buying all my supplies from you, but I don't want to monkey around with figuring out that I'm the 11th person so I've got to wait a day & maybe I'll get it in on time them & maybe I won't.

I was one of the folks whose order went out a bit late after CyberMonday & I had absolutely no complaints. I've always appreciated the good service & open communication I get from BMW. But it is a fact of business that you'll never satisfy everyone. Personally, I think you'll keep more people happy by running a "normal" sale & keeping most of your loyal customers happy. Otherwise, you're potentially inconveniencing your best, most loyal customers with overly complex sale schemes just to keep a few malcontents happy. That just seems wrong to me.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 01-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #34
nealf
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmasters Warehouse View Post
it is just difficult to get extra people available when we need them, and have them keep up with our normal high pace, when they are inexperienced. Not their fault by any means, but it takes a while to learn where 80+ grains are stored, and all the equipment.
I think you just hurt my feelings (j/k). On a side note, let me know next time you need some help! I am working 4pm - midnight at work so I could be available in the mornings this week if things get crazy!

Old 01-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #35
Brewmasters Warehouse
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Very good points. Perhaps the best way is to take advantage of the Preferred Customer List. Run the sale for people on the preferred customer list a few days before the general sale. That way we can get those orders processed and done before turning the sale loose on everyone else. Having both sales held close together, would keep most of the orders from preferred customers being overlapped with the customers not on the list. If the list gets too long then I can split it up over a couple of days. How does that sound?

Purchase a recipe with Brew Builder and save 10% off the recipe. Use discount code: BBBYO

Old 01-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #36
Brewmasters Warehouse
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealf View Post
I think you just hurt my feelings (j/k). On a side note, let me know next time you need some help! I am working 4pm - midnight at work so I could be available in the mornings this week if things get crazy!
Hear that everyone, Nealf has volunteered to help us out. Now the sale is official and can run for the next couple of days. Nealf see you tomorrow morning.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #37
nealf
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Oops, I meant I start working Wednesday at 4pm - midnight. Tomorrow isn't an option, sorry sire! I can be there at ~3:30pm tomorrow though!

Last edited by nealf; 01-25-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #38
Grimster
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Placed an order! 12% and 6.99 shipping finally made me jump on a couple cases of flip top bottles and grabbed a dobbelbock all grain while I was at it.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #39
masonsjax
Professional Amateur
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 301 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 296

You know Ed, if there was a perpetual discount sale for HBT members, there would be no rush, just a steady, balanced flow of orders day and night. Then you could just hire a dedicated HBT order processor guy

I aim to misbehave.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #40
SouthernYankee
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmasters Warehouse View Post
Perhaps we could have a hybrid system of the 2 ideas.

Sunday: 10 AM - 4PM
Monday: First 10 orders starting at 8:00 AM
Tuesday: First 10 orders starting at 4:00 PM
Wednesday: First 10 orders starting at 8:00 PM
Thursday: First 10 orders starting at Noon
Friday: First 10 orders starting at 10 AM
Saturday: 11AM - 3 PM

This setup should hit everyone, or is it too confusing?
One question, why is the magic number only 10? Everything else seems fine to me except this low number. If you look at how many folks are on here at any giving time, which is anywhere from 100 to 1000. And from all the folks here already wanting to place orders..Im just asking why 10 instead of lets say 20..thanks

Quick Reply