Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Weekend to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Controlled Sale Idea - What do you think?
View Poll Results: Which idea is best?
Specific number of orders in a day. 36 42.86%
Specific time the sale is active. 35 41.67%
Some other idea from a HBTer that is smarter than me. 13 15.48%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #21
Brewmasters Warehouse
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldUR View Post
So, what's the discount?
You guys and always wanting to know important details.

12% OFF!!!!!!!!

Purchase a recipe with Brew Builder and save 10% off the recipe. Use discount code: BBBYO

Become a fan of BMW on Facebook.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #22
Nikobrew
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Ed,

I agree with Yoop and the rest that say if you're getting a special limited time price, patience should be included. That being said and you know this better than anybody communication is almost everything. I don't know how easy it is to modify your shipment confirmation emails but if it could be stated in them a realistic ETA that would be awesome. A post on your website mentioning a possible delay would work but them the HBT only sale wouldn't be so super secret :P

Old 01-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #23
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmasters Warehouse View Post
Lets give option 1 a quick test run today just for giggles. 10 orders, and then I am turning it off. Use code HBTSALE. If you miss it today do not worry I will run it again soon, and if it goes well perhaps even tomorrow.

Ed
WHAT? I didnt see this when I placed my order... DAMN!!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #24
jtlawlor
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Won $$$ playing poker with the boys on Sunday! ... Excellent time to purchase a Kaiser Alt Recipe from BMW!!!

Thanks for the discount. And no, you won't get any complaints from me on shipping.

John.

Primary: always something...

Brewed: Scottish Ale 80 - Ode to Arthur Stout - Benrath Alt - Araucania Huaso Wit - Two Hearted Ale - Dark Star Porter - Yoopers Dead Guy Ale - Cassandra the Dark, Russian Imp. Stout - Yooper's Fat Tire - Scott-A-Tron IPA - Orange Kolsch - I69PA - Rye Opener - Lick Me I am an Irish Stout - Fat Thaddeus the Third Triple - Holy ESB of Antioch

*Member of PALE (Plainfield Ale and Lager Enthusiasts)

O'Leathlobhair Brewery

Old 01-25-2010, 03:25 PM   #25
Brewmasters Warehouse
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikobrew View Post
Ed,

I agree with Yoop and the rest that say if you're getting a special limited time price, patience should be included. That being said and you know this better than anybody communication is almost everything. I don't know how easy it is to modify your shipment confirmation emails but if it could be stated in them a realistic ETA that would be awesome. A post on your website mentioning a possible delay would work but them the HBT only sale wouldn't be so super secret :P
Here is what it says once you put in the code.

HBT Sale - When using a sale code please be patient while your order is processed. It will take extra time to ship orders due to increased volume. Thank you, Ed

99% of customers are totally cool, and understand about the delays involved. That still does not stop 1% of customers from getting excited about their purchase and complain when it does not ship same day.

Communication is the key, but sometimes even that does not work. Last sale there were some complaints from people that I called, and emailed before the complaint was posted. Maybe they checked their voicemails, and emails maybe they did not before posting, either way it does not matter. I care too much about our customers, to do nothing about it. I want to run sales for HBT but if the response is too much customers suffer, so I would rather control the sales than hurt customers. When I run a controlled sale it would most likely be a week long duration, which should give everyone a chance to get orders in. Orders would ship in a reasonable amount of time and even non HBT customers would not notice.

On Cyber Monday it took until Thursday to ship out orders that came in on Monday which meant everyone that ordered on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday did not even get looked at until Friday. On top of that those customers did not get the great deal everyone that ordered Monday did get.

Ed

Purchase a recipe with Brew Builder and save 10% off the recipe. Use discount code: BBBYO

Old 01-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #26
whalenutz
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

And now you think of this ED...ugg i should have waited, well i can say that my wife will be even more mad at you cause now i am just going to have to spend more money!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #27
Brewmasters Warehouse
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalenutz View Post
And now you think of this ED...ugg i should have waited, well i can say that my wife will be even more mad at you cause now i am just going to have to spend more money!!!
Yes spend more money, whispers the devil on your right shoulder as angel on your left shoulder falls down drunk saying brew more beer already.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #28
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 235 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 387

sorry guys, had to grab one

d*mn near same price as my LHBS, without the 40 minute drive

Thanks BMW!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #29
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 312 Times on 310 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I like sales whatever you eventually decide Ed but I like the specific time idea that way I know I don't have to put my order in 1 minute after it start but rather have a window to place it in.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #30
earlytimes
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I don't know if I like the specific number of orders in a day. Some people don't have access to place an order during the day, and by the evening, I'm sure that magic number will have already been hit. If someone misses the sale every day for a week and never gets the discount, I think you'll find more people complaining about that than having to wait a while longer to ship it out.

If you go with the preset times each day, maybe change that time around day to day so no matter what someone's working schedule, at least one day should work for them to place an order.

I can't wait to get my order in!

Quick Reply