Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Chugger Pumps now available!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Love2BrewCrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Chugger Pumps now available!

love2brew is now carrying the full range of Chugger Pumps!

These low velocity fluid pumps are industry unique with their stainless steel pump heads and all food grade material construction. A superior choice when compared to competitive products.

While you're checking out love2brew for our daily articles, hard to find hops, and wide selection of other products be sure to check out the new Chugger Pump additions!.

Also available in store if you want to come check them out physically!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
stonebrewer
Invented the IPL
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Doing research for a future (this summer?) brew sculpture build and looked at your pumps and have a couple of quick questions:

* When would you use an a center versus an inline pump? Are there advantages of one over the other?
* What is the advantage of the SS of the plastic pump? Longer life?

Thanks!

Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
Love2BrewCrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Hey Stonebrewer,

In terms of the center vs inline pump head the only difference is which would be a better fit for your setup. Both temps take in the water to the center of the pump for circulation. Two options are offered for convenience.

The advantages of stainless steel over plastic are numerous so I'll keep it as simple as possible.

-- Plastic, while potentially food grade, will wear over time and potentially leak substances into your fluid. For me personally (and our team here at love2brew) we would never want to have our fluids running through a plastic piece.

-- Stainless Steel is significantly more durable than plastic and will hold up much longer over time. Purchasing a pump is really an investment versus a throwaway purchase; it makes sense to spend a little more now and never have to worry about it than have headaches in a few years.

On a side note the reason we chose to carry Chugger Pumps over other competitive brands is that their model is COMPLETELY food grade; including the propeller inside of the pump. Other popular models do not have a food grade propeller (constructed with glass resins); definitely not something I'd want to use on a product myself or my friends/loved ones would be consuming.

If you have any questions please let us know!

Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
tm999xxx
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonebrewer View Post
Doing research for a future (this summer?) brew sculpture build and looked at your pumps and have a couple of quick questions:

* When would you use an a center versus an inline pump? Are there advantages of one over the other?
* What is the advantage of the SS of the plastic pump? Longer life?

Thanks!
The inlet port on the center pump is larger. The inline has the same size ports.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:14 AM   #5
BrewShenanigans
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm999xxx View Post
The inlet port on the center pump is larger. The inline has the same size ports.
I own three chugger stainless head pumps (inline) and I noticed that the inner diameter of the inlet is definitely larger than the inner diameter of the outlet. I'm not sure what the ID is, but I'm guessing that the inlet port is 1/2" ID and outlet is 3/8. Chugger recommends 1/2" supply line to the inlet.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
Love2BrewCrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

FYI these are back in stock!!

Just picked up a fresh shipment from Chugger today!

Quick Reply