Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Chugger Pump March Madness Sale!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #31
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 230 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Okay, not so much an idea, but more of a bit of slogan advice. I would avoid calling this "March" Madness, might send people to a certain competitor's product. This isn't March Madness! It's CHUGGER Madness!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #32
DakotaRules
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter
okay, not so much an idea, but more of a bit of slogan advice. I would avoid calling this "march" madness, might send people to a certain competitor's product. This isn't march madness! It's chugger madness!
+1

Old 02-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #33
DakotaRules
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I like free shipping and SS heads for under $100!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #34
DakotaRules
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

How about take a video, chugging a beer and post it!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #35
strumke
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Set up a box pool with various percentages and/or amounts inside. Depending on the last digits of the ending score for the game you pick, the box at the intersection would be the promo applied. (so if the ending score is 66-59, the box at the intersection of 6 & 9 would be the promo)

Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #36
DakotaRules
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Maybe the first person to get a Chugger tattoo wins....

Old 02-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #37
clay9_24
beerganeer

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab
I got married in march, and it drove me to madness. When do I pick up my free pump?
wait I'm getting married this march, I'm getting married in march just so I can earn a free pump!

Old 02-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #38
GemCityPOS
Recipes 

Not to be Rude .... But ...... How about having pumps or replacement pump heads in stock on the website so some of us may buy them.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #39
clay9_24
beerganeer

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Everyone picks a team, each round take that teams wins since 1992 divide by the standard deviation of the NCAA women's average team won loss record for 2011 if the team that the member picked has that number greater than the number of Grammys adel won this year multiplied by 1 over the sum of batches of beer that it would take to break the legal limit for homebrew ,for the team that the forum member chose the discount would be the amount of thermal energy released to the atmosphere during a 90 minute boil in a stainless pot with surface area of 12 divides by the cubed root of the third derivative of the rate that an arbitrarily amount of sugar dissolves in a cup of coffee from a gas station at noon times Oklahoma.

Oh and take the convolution integral based around pi of the entire thing just for good measure.

If you can find a contest more obvious than this I would buy the pump full price.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #40
summerofgeorge
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Since us homebrewers are the little guys compared to the big breweries, have the discount based on the underdogs. For each underdog (based on seed) that wins, take a percent off (or more if you're inclined). Last year, 20 underdogs won so it would be 20% off. The fun is rooting for the underdogs but the downside is there's only one discount and that's at the end of the tourney.

You could also vary the discount each round but have it reset for each round. 1% off per upset in the first round, 2% off in the second round, 4% in the third...this would cap the discount at 32% per round (you could bump the %'s up in the earlier rounds since 1%/upset doesn't give much). It would also make it more interesting to follow since you'd have to decide if you go with the current discount or hope for more upsets in the next round!

One last option...make the discount equal to the difference in seeds for all the upsets. Probably have to do this per round too since the difference may be pretty big in the first round (35 last year).

Quick Reply