New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Brew Builder 2.0 has launched

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #31
jasonh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Hey Ed. I gotta say the new brewbuilder/recipe section is awesome.

Just a couple of suggestions about the new interface of things I think would be useful, especially as the number of recipes grows:

1) Show ratings on the various style pages (without having to click into the recipes)
2) Ability to sort by rating/price/etc
3) An "All recipes" line on the left that doesn't break them out by style (but allows you to do the above sorting)

Since there's hundreds of them in there, that would let people that aren't that knowledgable get a quick idea of what's good/popular, and help narrow down their choices. And, for those people who don't have a clear idea of what they want to brew but want to try something new, it would help easily choose a style based on price or let them know if there's a really popular recipe in some style they're not necessarily looking at.

Just my 2c

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #32
Brewmasters Warehouse
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
Hey Ed. I gotta say the new brewbuilder/recipe section is awesome.

Just a couple of suggestions about the new interface of things I think would be useful, especially as the number of recipes grows:

1) Show ratings on the various style pages (without having to click into the recipes)
2) Ability to sort by rating/price/etc
3) An "All recipes" line on the left that doesn't break them out by style (but allows you to do the above sorting)

Since there's hundreds of them in there, that would let people that aren't that knowledgable get a quick idea of what's good/popular, and help narrow down their choices. And, for those people who don't have a clear idea of what they want to brew but want to try something new, it would help easily choose a style based on price or let them know if there's a really popular recipe in some style they're not necessarily looking at.

Just my 2c
Thanks for the input. We are working on the drill down options. Now that we have a good amount of recipes we can get those tools tested properly. We will eventually have the ratings as part of the list. There are a total of 4 ratings on the site as of right now, so it is difficult to test until we get 30-50 reviews in there.

Thanks,

Ed

Purchase a recipe with Brew Builder and save 10% off the recipe. Use discount code: BBBYO

Become a fan of BMW on Facebook.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #33
jasonh
Recipes 

Wow that was a quick response. Thanks!

I'm definitely going to have to give this baby a whirl when I get back from vacation...I need a BC so I can buy grain a bit more in advance. I never know how long to trust pre-crushed grains, and I already have two recipes worth (hopefully brewing one of not both of them this weekend).

Quick Reply