Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Birdman Brewing Company - NEW VENDOR

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
BirdmanBrewingCo
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Birdman Brewing Company - NEW VENDOR

Hello fellow homewbrewers! We are thrilled to be part of the HBT vendor community!

Birdman Brewing Company is run by people just like you - homebrewers and draft beer lovers. We offer a wide variety of equipment for homebrewing and kegging at amazing prices. What we want to be about is quite simple: Exploring Beer. Cheaper. We can be reached by email (info@birdmanbrewing.com) or phone (401-400-BREW), and we look forward to serving you.

Check us out at www.birdmanbrewing.com. We don't think you'll be disappointed.

Stay tuned to the vendor showcase area for special offers, and be sure to like us on Facebook - where we will also promote additional special offers from time to time.

www.birdmanbrewing.com
401-400-BREW (2739)

Facebook BirdmanBrewingCompany

BeerSmith 2.1 just $21.89 every day!
HopsJunkie Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
jaycount
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts

Awesome! Site looks good, and easy to get around. Not a bad deal on 10 gal pots either...

Old 07-12-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
BirdmanBrewingCo
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Thanks jaycount! We're thrilled to be part of this amazing community!

www.birdmanbrewing.com
401-400-BREW (2739)

Old 07-12-2011, 02:42 AM   #4
ultravista
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Welcome aboard. Sending you a PM.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:52 AM   #5
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 473 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Good to see another vendor to select from... But, from what I've seen, some of your prices are a bit higher than they should be. I understand you need to make money, but you need to understand many of us shop around before making purchases. Once we have an established relationship with a vendor, it's not going to be easy to pull us away. For example, I picked up my KAB4 burner for about $80 (unit cost)... Unless you're going to include free shipping, you're going to be hard pressed there. Also, the QD's you have (and other gas side items) should be offered in more than just barb connections. Enough vendors offer the buyer the choice of connections, either barb or MFL with the size barb swivel nuts you need. Personally, I won't buy kegging connections that are not using swivel nuts between the line and other hardware.

It would be nice if you could offer something that others either don't, or cannot. Since you don't list your location (town/state) there's no way to know how long it will take for shipping.

IMO, the details make a big difference. This is where the vendors I use have come throught. It's also why I continue to use the,. Of course, having good communications from them also helps (either via email, phone, or these boards). If a vendor falls short there, chances are, I don't order from them again... Especially if I can get the same item at the same price (or close enough, or faster via the same shipping method) from anotehr vendor.

You have some real competition, but I do hope that you can keep at it.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 07-12-2011, 04:50 AM   #6
Palefire
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Good to see another vendor to select from... But, from what I've seen, some of your prices are a bit higher than they should be...

Really? Do you really think they don't know all of this? Seems like it'd be nice to wait more than a day before you start sh*tting on a fellow HB'er for not having hired you as a business consultant.

I think the site looks great. Welcome to HBT, and best of luck to you!

Old 07-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
BirdmanBrewingCo
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Good to see another vendor to select from... But, from what I've seen, some of your prices are a bit higher than they should be. I understand you need to make money, but you need to understand many of us shop around before making purchases. Once we have an established relationship with a vendor, it's not going to be easy to pull us away. For example, I picked up my KAB4 burner for about $80 (unit cost)... Unless you're going to include free shipping, you're going to be hard pressed there. Also, the QD's you have (and other gas side items) should be offered in more than just barb connections. Enough vendors offer the buyer the choice of connections, either barb or MFL with the size barb swivel nuts you need. Personally, I won't buy kegging connections that are not using swivel nuts between the line and other hardware.

It would be nice if you could offer something that others either don't, or cannot. Since you don't list your location (town/state) there's no way to know how long it will take for shipping.

IMO, the details make a big difference. This is where the vendors I use have come throught. It's also why I continue to use the,. Of course, having good communications from them also helps (either via email, phone, or these boards). If a vendor falls short there, chances are, I don't order from them again... Especially if I can get the same item at the same price (or close enough, or faster via the same shipping method) from anotehr vendor.

You have some real competition, but I do hope that you can keep at it.
Gold - Thanks for the feedback. To quickly respond...some of our prices are at or below what you will find anywhere else. Prices on some of our items are not. The particular item you referenced (KAB4) has a minimum advertised price set by Bayou Classic. Online vendors selling below these prices are violating their agreement with Bayou...and we choose to take a higher road with our business partners.

We are located in a suburb of Cincinnati, OH, as shown in our signature. On the site we note that we ship from the Midwest.

And we will be continuing to add items to our inventory as we can, and based on demand.

Thanks and we hope to have a chance to serve you at some point in the future!

www.birdmanbrewing.com
401-400-BREW (2739)

Old 07-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
BirdmanBrewingCo
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palefire View Post
Really? Do you really think they don't know all of this? Seems like it'd be nice to wait more than a day before you start sh*tting on a fellow HB'er for not having hired you as a business consultant.

I think the site looks great. Welcome to HBT, and best of luck to you!
Thanks Palefire! We greatly appreciate the support!

www.birdmanbrewing.com
401-400-BREW (2739)

Old 07-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #9
greenbirds
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Love the site layout; looks and navigates great.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #10
samc
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanBrewingCo View Post
Gold - Thanks for the feedback. To quickly respond...some of our prices are at or below what you will find anywhere else. Prices on some of our items are not. The particular item you referenced (KAB4) has a minimum advertised price set by Bayou Classic. Online vendors selling below these prices are violating their agreement with Bayou...and we choose to take a higher road with our business partners.

We are located in a suburb of Cincinnati, OH, as shown in our signature. On the site we note that we ship from the Midwest.

And we will be continuing to add items to our inventory as we can, and based on demand.

Thanks and we hope to have a chance to serve you at some point in the future!
Really well done answer! Other poster should have PM'ed you with these concerns IMO. Most people who price shop can figure it out on their own.

Great site, best of luck with the new biz.

Quick Reply