Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Allinone wine Pump now for beer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
BrewandWineSupply
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Allinone wine Pump now for beer!

Some of you wine makers have seen the Allinone wine pump.
It has now been adapted for beer. First off, a beer bottling attachment, makes bottling beer a whole lot easier and we were just playing around where we used it to transfer beer from a carboy to a Corny keg. It also transfers from Pot to bucket, bucket to carboy and carboy to carboy.
And since the liquid does not come in contact with the pump, you can pump hot liquid.
No more lifting heavy buckets, carboys or pots!
The pump sits on your table or bench top and the carboys and Corny kegs sit on the floor.

Here is the link to our web site: http://brewandwinesupply.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_67&product_id=243

Also:http://allinonewinepump.com/

You can also read more from the sister forum Wine making talk:http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f3/review-allinonewinepump-15976/

dougs-game-cam-004.jpg   dougs-game-cam-003.jpg   dougs-game-cam-006.jpg  

Beer, wine, distilling and cheese supplies and equipment, Coffee, teas, and sausage and jerky stuff. Kegging equipment too.
Stocking Lublin, Lomic, Junga, Marynka and other Polish hops.
http://Brewandwinesupply.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
uberg33k
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I'm confused. I see no pump in the pics. I can't even determine what kind of pump you're using. What materials come in contact with wort? What are the specs on flow rate?

Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
jhoyda
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 13

It's a $245 vacuum pump. It only works when transferring to a carboy because the receiving vessel needs to hold a vacuum. You couldn't transfer to an ale pail or brew kettle. Somewhat limited for brewing applications.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
mors
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 96

Just bought one of these yesterday. Shipped yesterday too.

BJCP A0936 Certified Beer Judge and Mead Judge
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
Malty Dogs Homebrew Club
AHA Forums "dkfick"

Old 03-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
BrewandWineSupply
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

The bottom picture with the green overflow bottle is the pump, not very big.
The only thing that comes in contact is the hoses/racking cane and whatever you are racking from and to.

Beer, wine, distilling and cheese supplies and equipment, Coffee, teas, and sausage and jerky stuff. Kegging equipment too.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
Montanaandy
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Default Curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mors View Post
Just bought one of these yesterday. Shipped yesterday too.
I am curious as to how exactly you are going to use this. After watching the video I can see how it would be useful with bottling wine but I feel that I am missing something with respect to how it would be used with bottling/kegging beer.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #7
mors
Recipes 

Well I'll use it for my meads the most but I do plan on using it for transferring beer as well. In vacuum there is less chance of oxidation. I will also use it to bottle beer when I bottle condition... Which I admit isn't that often.

BJCP A0936 Certified Beer Judge and Mead Judge
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
Malty Dogs Homebrew Club
AHA Forums "dkfick"

Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
BrewandWineSupply
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaandy View Post
I am curious as to how exactly you are going to use this. After watching the video I can see how it would be useful with bottling wine but I feel that I am missing something with respect to how it would be used with bottling/kegging beer.
As for bottling, you can vacuum from the carboy / bucket direct into the bottle, no sitting on the floor working with a gravity feed. You can leave the bucket / carboy on the floor with the bottles on a table / workbench to bottle.

Kegging, again leaving carboy / bucket / fermenter on the floor with the keg and it just transfers the beer over. One thought is to purge the keg with CO2 first then vacuum rack over. It takes about 4 minuets to transfer 6 gallons, less for 5 gallons.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
Montanaandy
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Default Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewandWineSupply View Post
As for bottling, you can vacuum from the carboy / bucket direct into the bottle, no sitting on the floor working with a gravity feed. You can leave the bucket / carboy on the floor with the bottles on a table / workbench to bottle.

Kegging, again leaving carboy / bucket / fermenter on the floor with the keg and it just transfers the beer over. One thought is to purge the keg with CO2 first then vacuum rack over. It takes about 4 minuets to transfer 6 gallons, less for 5 gallons.
I watched the video demonstrating this device and I am intrigued. I don't bottle much but I can see how this would make quick work of the tedious bottling process.

Transferring from carboy to keg with this would also be nice. I assume that you can put a filter (paint strainer) on the bottom of the racking cane to prevent trub from getting sucked up.

Also looks like you can add a Randall inline between the carboy and keg (in the video it is a filter to filter the wine but I assume that you could fill the filter housing with hops instead). Don't know how much benefit there would be Randalizing from the carboy to the keg rather than the traditional keg-Randall serving.

If the price point were lower I would probably order one immediately but for $245.00 and my limited use/application with kegging makes it hard for me to justify the expense. Any chance that the price will eventually drop?

Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #10
mors
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaandy View Post
I watched the video demonstrating this device and I am intrigued. I don't bottle much but I can see how this would make quick work of the tedious bottling process.

Transferring from carboy to keg with this would also be nice. I assume that you can put a filter (paint strainer) on the bottom of the racking cane to prevent trub from getting sucked up.

Also looks like you can add a Randall inline between the carboy and keg (in the video it is a filter to filter the wine but I assume that you could fill the filter housing with hops instead). Don't know how much benefit there would be Randalizing from the carboy to the keg rather than the traditional keg-Randall serving.

If the price point were lower I would probably order one immediately but for $245.00 and my limited use/application with kegging makes it hard for me to justify the expense. Any chance that the price will eventually drop?
Not trying to bash or steal the thread... But I doubt the price will drop as on 3/1 it just increased to that price. As I understand it the cost of materials went up. Mine is scheduled to be delivered today... can't wait to try it out...though at first with water ....then maybe a mead.

Quick Reply