2011 Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhhhh plus three. I keep missing Galaxy, Simcoe and Citra whenever they get posted. Dang time zone differences!

Steelers77 said:
I may have a few I'll have to check.

Also any DME? Last two orders I would have taken three, 3 pound bags of light or Pilsen DME and no luck.

I should have a package on my porch right now from farmhouse!

We will have DME back up this weekend we just got a shipment. We just found some Citra they should be here next week and we'll put them up as soon as we get them.

Just ordered. I was able to get more here than I could have at other places even with sale prices.

I did a AIPA with them a couple weeks back and just (20 minutes ago) pulled a sample for a gravity reading.

First thing I noticed when I added them at 60 was the intense mango/peach/grapefruit aroma, hard to explain. But I knew right then if it turned out less than stellar I would go back to the drawing board and come up with a recipe the really showed off the flavor. If you look at the recipe you will see the there is almost a 1/2 pound in there, the last 1.5 or so will go into dry hopping.
The sample I pulled was interesting, definitely hoppy but but not over powering. It had the stone fruit that has been written about, not peach, not apricot, but kinda all of them in one taste. The second taste was more of that moment when you think, hey this ain't bad. Gonna be better carbed and colder but this is pretty good stuff. :mug:

I will let you know what the end result taste like, but this is one that I am really looking forward to

I get them sometimes like that. I think they just lost their vacuum seal. If you are going to use them within a couple of months they are fine like that, otherwise I'd reseal or just freeze them.

I like to break the 4oz packets into 1oz packages and re-vacuum seal them anyways. Im less likely to use 4oz of one variety in a single brew

Thehopguy said:
So I guess that Rakau AIPA turned out good?

It did, everyone that has tried it, from the owner of Dry dock to SWMBO have said nothing but good things about it.

Back