York, Harrisburg and Lancaster Pennsylvania Brewers Unite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENS

Reaction score
I just want to see how many of you are out there. When I go into Mr. Steve's it seems busniness is doing pretty well, so there must be quite a few.

I know there is a brew club there, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in small brew groups and getting to know eachother.

Pretty soon Mud Hook should be opening.
Rob

:mug:
:tank:

There is a lancaster brew club that has quite a few members. I also know there is an informal one through the York Mr. Steves. That one meets the last wednesday night of the month. I haven't gone yet but was thinking of bringing my peanut butter cup stout and getting some critiques. :mug: :tank:

I guess what I am talking about is something a little less formal than clubs.. more like get togethers in the back yard, hang out and drink some brews or maybe even brew. A couple of fellows drinking brews, brewing brews, talking brews and stuff on the grill and no cuddling or secret handshakes.

maybe one of these nights put something together at one of the regional brewpubs like LBC.

I have thouht about checking out the club at Mr. Steves. I heard that the police sit out side waiting for the meeting to end.

I'm down for something once the semester is over, as long a it is on the weekend. I work 2nd, so weekday nights are out of the question

There is also the springhouse taproom and iron hill, both also in Lancaster.

I just made it to my first Regional Harrisburg Brewers meeting 2 weekends ago... was a good time with tons of beer to try, and got some great advice from those with much more experience than me. I'll definitely be trying to make some other meetings there in the future...

I just attended the last AG Brewing Class at Mr Steve's Lancaster. Living in Columbia, both locations are close for me. I enjoyed the fellowship as much as the class, and would love more of a chance for get-togethers. I brew alone and think I'm missing out on a large part of the socialness of brewing. Haven't looked into local clubs, but I'm busy with work and family and 4-5 hours on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon is about all I can get. Anybody here a member of a local club?

smokinghole said:
There is the Regional Harrisburg Brewers. I've been to one meeting only so far. I tend to work the Saturdays they have get togethers so I rarely get to go.

Me too...damned car business messes up my brew events!

Back