Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > yesterdays experiment with yeast

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
OHIOSTEVE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default yesterdays experiment with yeast

I brewed a DFH 60 clone yesterday, and after getting it into the boil kettle, I added a pound of flaked corn and a pound of flaked rice etc to the wet grains...and mashed it again and ran off a partigyle. I had a starter in the cooler that I had made at least two months ago. I am not EXACTLY sure of the date but I made 3 that day and the other two have been used, the beer fermented bottled and drank already. This stuff was brown and nasty on top, but I could see a layer of nice white yeast underneath . I pitched this ( again just to see as I have backup yeast if needed) This afternoon there are bubbles slowly coming through the airlock and a small layer of kraussen starting. I am amazed at how resilient yeast actually are.

BALDGUT BREWS

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
OHIOSTEVE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 45

hmmmm fermentation seems to be slowing way down already...no idea what the OG was as I forgot to take it....I do know that it was LOW

BALDGUT BREWS

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply