Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Yeast Washing - Did I Wait Too Long?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
TRainH2o
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Yeast Washing - Did I Wait Too Long?

Hi all. I racked my Belgian Strong Ale to a keg this past Monday night. I had intended on washing and storing my yeast. Anyway, life has been busy this week and I haven't had time to do it.

At this point, 5 days later, is it too late to wash and reuse my yeast. I put the lid back on my bucket and left the yeast cake undisturbed. It was the most compact of any yeast cake that I have had yet. I don't suspect that I had any problems with sanitation and this is the best tasting brew that I have made yet.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
Tepe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I usually use the yeast cake from the secondary. It is much cleaner than the primary. Honestly all o do is rack as much as I can amd then the cake is very thick. I then put that in a sanitized "ball" jar and leave in fridge.

All grainer and Home Winemaker
Home of the
Moon River Brewery
and
Delanco Vineyards

http://www.barleylegalhomebrewers.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply