Yeast starter container question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossrainey

Reaction score
So I've come to find out that you just can't find juice in a glass bottle any more. I was able to find a 2 qt cracker jar, but the opening at the top is very large. I know I need to cover it, but is there any reason why I should not use the container. Thanks in advance.

I use 1 quart mason jars with loose fitting foil lids... Either throw them in the dishwasher (heated water minus the detergent), throw some boiling water in it or soak it in some Star-San...

Either way, all has been good...

I went to a local independant grocery store and fount a 2 liter glass milk jug. The same plastic cork that fits in my carboy fits in the milk jug. Works perfect. Costs about 3 bucks too. See if you can find something similar.

cheap wine bottle and number 6 stopper
starter-1.jpg

Spaghetti sauce jars, mason jars, growlers, bombers, wine bottles, whatever. Use your imagination. And yes, your cracker jar with foil will work just fine.

Mug a high school chemistry teacher and make off with a 1 or 2 liter flask!:ban:

Back