Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Yeast Q's

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #1
cphair16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Yeast Q's

Yesterday I brewed my first batch of brown ale from a true brew kit. I followed the instructions but I think I killed the yeast. I boiled the extract for 30mins and the added it to 4 gallons of cold tap water in my primary fermented. Then I sprinkled the dry yeast on top immediately and let settle for 10 min then I stirred it in. Then I proceeded to put the cover and airlock on. when I checked the airlock 6 hours later I saw some bubbles but when I checked it this morning their was no bubbles just small air bubble attached to the airlock it self. I’m not sure but I think I killed the yeast, if so can I add more yeast? Any comments will help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
docbee
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

All is not lost as yet. Before you added the yeast what was the temp in the primary? Or if you didn't check was it about room temp? If the temp was around room temp then you should not of killed the yeast. It can take up to a few days for the yeast to propagate enough to see much activity in the air lock.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply