Originally Posted by masterfool101
Honestly, it sounds like you might have gotten an infection by a gusher bug. They would ferment the sugars that the yeast could not. Personal Opinion: Dump the batch and sanitize everything twice.
This seems like a good possibility.
I've once had to get rid of a bug in system, its not fun and will make a sane person paranoid. Here's what I did:
1) threw away all plastic tubing and replaced with new
2) threw away autosiphon and replaced with new
3) threw away the one better bottle I sometimes used (already was moving to glass carboys)
4) everything else got a thorough bleach soaking - bottling bucket, carboys, stoppers, etc. - then a rinse
It worked, the bug never came back. I'm sure it was overkill, but I didn't want to waste another brew day.