I've brewed nearly 20 beers since starting in June. Sunday I brewed a Surly Furious Clone and pitched with a vial of WLP007.
5 gallon carboy, OG was spot on at 1.068. Attached blow off tube as usual and put it in a room at exactly 67 degrees F and a fluctuation of 60-70 degrees every 24 hours. Aerated the wort BUT for the first time ever, I didn't do a starter with this yeast. Expiration date was good (had 3 months before expiring)
Usually, my WLP vials I start seeing action within 12 hours and I'm still seeing nothing. (no bubbles in my starsan blow off bucket or any sort of indication of a krausen)
I've been reading up on and doing this for quite a while now so, my plan is going to wait another 24 hours and, if nothing happens, I'm just going to pitch a starter of US-05 which I keep a few bags of in the fridge.
Just thought I'd post here to see if I've missed anything at all before I do the backup plan.
One perhaps problem area is that I did pitch the yeast at a very high temperature for the wort. I started the brew day late into the day so pitched the yeast when the water was about 95 Degrees F. That's the only issue I can think of that's directly my fault but I've pitched 05 before at 100 and haven't had issues but that is a heartier yeast.