Wyeast 1332

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajunbrewer87

Reaction score
I will be bottling my Irish red from NB very soon and will be putting some caribou slobber in my fermenter next. NB recommends wyeast 1332 but Ive read that a lot of people don't like it because of the tartness. I will be brewing this beer to have enough time to condition before Christmas. I want this beer to be a crowd pleaser, is 1332 really that tart? Any suggestions for a different yeast? Thanks

I will be bottling my Irish red from NB very soon and will be putting some caribou slobber in my fermenter next. NB recommends wyeast 1332 but Ive read that a lot of people don't like it because of the tartness. I will be brewing this beer to have enough time to condition before Christmas. I want this beer to be a crowd pleaser, is 1332 really that tart? Any suggestions for a different yeast? Thanks

I've never tasted "tart" out of that yeast. A bit fruity, at higher temperatures especially, but never tart.

Back