Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > WTF is with my beer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
likwidbliss
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default WTF is with my beer!

I am on my third batch of home brewed beer. So far a pilsner, a bock (both true brew) not too shabby! I decided to make a commercial beer knock off, not a keystone type but one of my favorites, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, from Austin Brew Supply. Although only one week in the bottle, I was tempted to give it a try, and whoa it was the cat's meow, I bet in two more weeks it will be better than the cat's meow! The wife asked for a Blue Moon type beer, again to ABS. I am getting stoked!

Also if there are any recommendations for a non commercial beer I am willing to give it a try, I like all beer except Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light and beers of the normal blah! Cream ales, stouts, porters, what should I try?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
undallas
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

are we doing extracts, PM, or AG? I think it is time try some good old American Pale Ale (APA). Do you like Sierra Nevada? If so, put it on the list...
IPA would be good too, but it is more expensive due to more sugars and hops.

Happy Brewing

Old 02-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
likwidbliss
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

So far extract and PM. I don't see AG in my future yet.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 92

Try Austin's "West Coast Pale Ale". It's similar to SNPA. Just bottled mine today after 4 weeks in the bucket!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
newbeerpig
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

I would look at the cream ales if you like a very refreashing summer just got done mowing the lawn beer. Easy to drink, very light in flavor but more taste than Bud or coors. just a thought if you are looking for that kind of brew.

Happy Brewing

Planning: Firestone DBA (2), Irish Red Ale
Favorites: Black Dog Blackberry Wheat Ale(3),Hush Puppy Cream Ale, Firestone DBA Clone, Coffee and Cream Stout

Quick Reply