Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Which Wort to Measure in Fermentation Chamber?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
roxy35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Which Wort to Measure in Fermentation Chamber?

I have an American Pale Ale that has been in Primary for 7 days and is past active fermentation. It has been kept at 67 degrees in the chamber.

Today I added a Belgian Tripel that I want to keep at 70.

I have been insulating the probe of my Ranco to the side of the carboy to regulate temperature more precisely - but how should I go about doing it with 2 worts in the chamber? I don't mind the APA coming up to 70 - in fact it may give the yeast a chance to rejuvenate or clean up. However, should I insulate the probe against the new Tripel and set at 70? I'm concerned that the active fermentation in the Tripel will cause my freezer to run colder, thus lowering the APA.

I know this is a common experience - just curious as to what people do!

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply