Wort Chilling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flexbrew

Reaction score
I did this last time and it cooled the wort real quick. Has anyone done anything like this before.

Filled the sink with Ice then water and ice packs. Put the bucket in the sink and siphoned the water out with a tube into the other sink where it drained. I turned the cold water on and started filling the sink that was being emptied and it worked real well.

Kind of. My kitchen sink has one side you cannot plug, and it is lower than the other and has an overflow from the higher side to prevent running into the floor. I put the pot in the high side with ice and water and run the faucet allowing it to run over into the lower side. Just make sure you don't let the ice float over

I did this last time and it cooled the wort real quick. Has anyone done anything like this before.

Filled the sink with Ice then water and ice packs. Put the bucket in the sink and siphoned the water out with a tube into the other sink where it drained. I turned the cold water on and started filling the sink that was being emptied and it worked real well.

Sounds like you have your chilling process defined! I just use 16 lbs of ice with some water in the sink.

Latest posts

Back