Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Wort Chilling

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
flexbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Wort Chilling

I did this last time and it cooled the wort real quick. Has anyone done anything like this before.

Filled the sink with Ice then water and ice packs. Put the bucket in the sink and siphoned the water out with a tube into the other sink where it drained. I turned the cold water on and started filling the sink that was being emptied and it worked real well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
OHIOSTEVE
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Kind of. My kitchen sink has one side you cannot plug, and it is lower than the other and has an overflow from the higher side to prevent running into the floor. I put the pot in the high side with ice and water and run the faucet allowing it to run over into the lower side. Just make sure you don't let the ice float over

BALDGUT BREWS

Old 02-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
JimE
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexbrew View Post
I did this last time and it cooled the wort real quick. Has anyone done anything like this before.

Filled the sink with Ice then water and ice packs. Put the bucket in the sink and siphoned the water out with a tube into the other sink where it drained. I turned the cold water on and started filling the sink that was being emptied and it worked real well.
Sounds like you have your chilling process defined! I just use 16 lbs of ice with some water in the sink.

Quick Reply