Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Wort Chiller question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 05:24 AM   #1
ButchTN
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Wort Chiller question

I made a wort chiller from the easily bendable 1/2 inch copper tubing. At the very bottom of the coil did some soldering with non lead silver solder and whatever flux it said to use. I had some burned flux residue which I cleaned off using an SOS pad. It may not work, but it looks awesome and my HB buddies gave me the thumbs up to use it on our next batch.

Sorry...my question... I'm worried about the solder. Will this be ok to use? I figured the solder was safe because (if anyone out there still drinks tap water) you are drinking water that has come in contact with it.

Sorry if this topic has been covered...I'm a noob to this site and this hobby.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
BarleyWater

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

As long as you used the right solder, and it appears you did, then no worries. Congrats on being on a job well done, and welcome to the forum.

Fermenting: Nada
On Tap:Cran Wit, Dr Pepper Dubbel, Cascadian Pale Ale, Dark Chocolate Stout, Imperial Stout, Brown Mild, Schwarzbier
On Board: IIPA

www.franconiabrewing.com

Old 07-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
ButchTN
Recipes 

Great news! Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply