Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Wort Chiller
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2006, 04:51 AM   #1
myownbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 16
Default Wort Chiller

Where is a good place to find a wort chiller? I had to wait for and internity to get the wort to cool tonight? I tried ebay but I am unsure of a good brand to purchase. All comments welcome!

AJ

__________________

Primary-Red ALe 1/16/06
Secondary-Belgian wheat Ale transferred 1/14/06

myownbrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 12:23 AM   #2
rod
beer -just brew it
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rod's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: brantford,ontario
Posts: 1,226
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Immersion Chiller Is Easy To Make. Get 25 To 50ft Of 3/8 Copper Tubing In The Roll From Home Depot,canadian Tire, Etc.
I Wrapped Mine Around My Stock Pot To Get The Coils In Line.
Make Sure You Get The Two Ends Of The Tubing Up Above The Coil By At Least A Foot Or So So They Will Be Above The Hot Wort When You Use It.
Attach 1/2" Clear Vinyl Hose With Clamps To The Ends Of The Copper And Buy A Fawcett Fitting For One End.
Clean Very Well Before Using - I Boiled Mine With Pickling Vinegar To Clean The Copper

__________________
rod is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
myownbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod
Immersion Chiller Is Easy To Make. Get 25 To 50ft Of 3/8 Copper Tubing In The Roll From Home Depot,canadian Tire, Etc.
I Wrapped Mine Around My Stock Pot To Get The Coils In Line.
Make Sure You Get The Two Ends Of The Tubing Up Above The Coil By At Least A Foot Or So So They Will Be Above The Hot Wort When You Use It.
Attach 1/2" Clear Vinyl Hose With Clamps To The Ends Of The Copper And Buy A Fawcett Fitting For One End.
Clean Very Well Before Using - I Boiled Mine With Pickling Vinegar To Clean The Copper
Thanks for the tips!
__________________

Primary-Red ALe 1/16/06
Secondary-Belgian wheat Ale transferred 1/14/06

myownbrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 01:44 AM   #4
Beer Snob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Beer Snob's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Farmington
Posts: 2,034
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Directions in this month "Brew your own" magazine too. You might want to do a search. Someone here in the forum made it and posted pictures I believe.

__________________
Michael

"Don't worry, have a homebrew." ,"The "Bible"

Cherries in the wheat
Michael's Wheat
Beer Snob is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 02:29 AM   #5
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pumbaa's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 7,230
Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Default

The plans for a counterflow wort chiller are in the Jan/Feb 06 BYO magazine . . .unfortunatly it's one of the articls that aren't in the on-line version. Try a Barnes and Noble book store or your local HBS for a copy. If ya cant find a copy let me know by PM nd I'll xerox the article and snail mail it to ya

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke
"There are just two rules of governance in a free society: Mind your own business. Keep your hands to yourself."
Pumbaa is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 02:55 AM   #6
Beer Snob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Beer Snob's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Farmington
Posts: 2,034
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Here is the link to the thread:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthre...light=magazine

__________________
Michael

"Don't worry, have a homebrew." ,"The "Bible"

Cherries in the wheat
Michael's Wheat
Beer Snob is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #7
BlightyBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BlightyBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Leicestershire, UK
Posts: 710
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownbrew
Where is a good place to find a wort chiller? I had to wait for and internity to get the wort to cool tonight? I tried ebay but I am unsure of a good brand to purchase. All comments welcome!

AJ
Make one dude...It's a blast!

Does not cost too much, looks cool, and is very satisfying to have created a piece of your own homebrewing equipment. Plus it works a treat (I'm told...haven't used it yet...too much "real" DIY to do )
__________________
Beer....the Duke of all Beverages.
BlightyBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 02:28 AM   #8
myownbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlightyBrewer
Make one dude...It's a blast!

Does not cost too much, looks cool, and is very satisfying to have created a piece of your own homebrewing equipment. Plus it works a treat (I'm told...haven't used it yet...too much "real" DIY to do )

I will have to make on for the next batch brew

AJ
__________________

Primary-Red ALe 1/16/06
Secondary-Belgian wheat Ale transferred 1/14/06

myownbrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chilling wort without wort chiller. Moun10 General Techniques 46 08-11-2012 02:37 AM
How to Cool Wort (w/out wort chiller) web250 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 42 09-30-2011 08:58 PM
converting outdoor wort chiller to indoor wort chiller Pauliwankenobi Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 3 12-30-2008 10:37 AM
wort chiller and water/wort transfer questions chemist308 Equipment/Sanitation 1 03-24-2008 01:33 AM
Wort Chiller noobrewer Equipment/Sanitation 2 03-10-2008 03:56 AM