The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Wort chiller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #21
DrunkleJon
I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 932 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher79 View Post
I made one yesterday, too. I bought a 50' 3/8" compression fitting kit for $60 shipped from coppertubingsales.com. The bends aren't too pretty, but I did them by hand, and I had some issues wrapping around the keg at a couple of turns, but I am happy as can be with the finished product. I left one fitting off because I'm putting vinyl tubing on the outlet. I brew outside, and I'll be draining the water onto the grass/driveway as I'm cooling the wort....I can't wait to try this sucker this weekend!
One small suggestion. Bend your inand out tubes down a little more, that way if you spring a leak the water will drip on the ground and not roll along the tubing and into your wort.

Also, reuse the water. Use it to fill a bucket or your MLT so you have nice hot water to rinse things in.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply