Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Worrying for no reason

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
fatherbigfoot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Worrying for no reason

I brewed my a english pale ale last friday my first attempt at my own recipe after I brewed it I pitched two packets of nottingham and let it set in my warm apartment for 12 hours or so untill I started seeing bubbles in my airlock I then moved it down to my cooler basement. After I did that I did not see much bubling and started to get worried but let it set for a few days today I went down there and the Krausen had fallen I was sure it was not done fermeneting so i pulled a sample to check the SG to see if I needed to pitch agian. My final SG was suppose to be 1.018 I measured it at 1.019 and it taste damn good. I am pretty happy with myself I just need to not worry so much next time. haha

Has it been anyones experiance that nottingham works really fast or is it just a factor of adding two packets of yeast?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Well, one packet is usually enough for five gallons of an average gravity wort. So, you certainly gave it PLENTY of yeast.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply