Whoops, Found an Oatmeal Stout in the closet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmkratt

Reaction score
Forgot I brewed a double batch and just found an Oatmeal Stout I brewed 2 months to the day ago in the closet. I forgot I took it out of the fermentation chamber for a Peach Wheat. I would normally have kegged it 4 weeks ago. Stupid. Anyhow as far as I can tell it tastes fine but is there anything I should consider before kegging? It was supposed to go to Nitro.

Thanks guys. I felt so dumb when I was unpacking from vacation and came across the brew. Serious D'OH!! moment.

Will be kegged today :)

Appreciate the reassurance.

^ +1 to accidental (or laziness) 6 months (or more! :eek: ) in primary. May not win competitions after a 6 month primary but the beer turns out just fine.

2 months is nothing! As long as your sanitation is good and your airlock worked the way it was meant to, it will end up a clearer beer and you will worry less next time about the timeframes of fermentation.

Keg that stuff up and drink away!

Back