A had an extract cream ale iwith a dry yeast in the primary for about 22 days before transferring to secondary. A week later a whitish film has appeared on top. Is this a spoiled batch? It's been pretty hot here and I'm wondering if it's shot. Was very careful with keeping things sanitary.
According to "Home Beermaking - The Complete Beginner's Guidebook" by William More (3rd Ed.):
White Film on the Surface
Problem: Caused by an airborne mold. Appears as a dusty white (very thin) film in the fermenter, and then appears again in the bottles beer. White film mold is not usually accompanied with a taste defect, so it is ok to drink the beer.