Ok, so my current brew (my first batch ever) is currently sitting in my secondary. After previous worries and many helpful answers, I decided to slow down with my current brew. Here is my story of the process.
After first creating my wort I was happy that everything seemed to be going well. I transferred to my glass carboy (primary) and poured in the yeast. After three days I noticed the visible signs of fermentation had slowed/died. I began to worry and got many different answers. My ultimate decision was to go ahead and do my dry hop. I dry hopped in my primary and let it sit to rest out to the end of the week. Then it was time for another decision. To avoid the grassy flavor I decided to rack to my secondary and clear out most of the hops residue to avoid the grassy flavor. This is where I sit now... my brew will be in my secondary until possibly next weekend.
1) Tips, suggestions, critiques?
2) If I have priming sugar, what do I do to prepare my priming solution when I'm ready to bottle?
3) What should my next brew be? I am hoping to start my next brew in about 2 or 3 weeks. I am a huge fan of Pale Ales and IPA's... any suggestions? Still looking towards extracts right now since this will only be my 2nd brew.