New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > what to use with dark ale extract?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
furstyjaymar13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 34

Default what to use with dark ale extract?

Im starting my second batch very soon and i already have 1.7kg of coopers dark ale and 1kg of dextrose but i want to substitute some or all of the dextrose for unhopped malt extracts, be it amber, crystal, light, chocolate or dark but i dont have much idea in how the different grains will effect the finished beer and in what quantities to use them for my waiting tastebuds!
any suggestions on recipes? ps ive usually made up a 5gallon batch

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
sweed
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 92 Posts

stouts, porters, a dark brown (as i did with my first). Take a look at the recipes in the database; there are tons you can look through and will be simple to build a recipe with what you have and what you will need.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
furstyjaymar13
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweed View Post
stouts, porters, a dark brown (as i did with my first). Take a look at the recipes in the database; there are tons you can look through and will be simple to build a recipe with what you have and what you will need.
Ok thanks for the heads up, second batch here i come! Competent or not!

Quick Reply