New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > What style should I try next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #11
aerod1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taypo View Post
I work in Richardson, live in Wylie. Just fired up a brown ale last night after dropping a couple hundred bucks at HomebrewHQ for gear upgrades and ingredients. Seems to be quite a few of us in this neighborhood.

Once this batch clears out of primary, we're going for porters and holiday ales for the next couple months. Eventually, its going to cool off out here and I'd like to have some fall beer ready for it...
Working in Richardson is convenient to HBHQ. They are great people and taught me to brew! Kelly appreciates the money! Let's keep him in business!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
TromboneGuy
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Brown ales are good, Belgian wits seem to go like clockwork and the yeast like higher fermentation temps... My personal favorites are Irish Reds, though. (Well, aside from Marzen / Oktoberfest styles, but those are lagers.)

Old 09-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #13
Taypo
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerod1 View Post
Working in Richardson is convenient to HBHQ. They are great people and taught me to brew! Kelly appreciates the money! Let's keep him in business!!
The only thing I havent bought from him at this point is the turkey burner, everything else is all HQ. SWMBO went in there to get the stuff for our last batch, they were real cool with her. Gonna need more carboys and bottles, so he's got a little more of my paycheck coming soon!

Primary: Innkeeper
Secondary: Dawson's Kriek, Wee Heavy
Bottled: Spiced Holiday Ale,
Drinking: Moose Drool Clone, Irish Red, Oaked Whiskey Vanilla Porter, Milk Stout, NB Innkeeper Kit (West Yorkshire), NB Mild Ale (West Yorkshire), American Wheat
Planning: Irish Red, Patersbier,

Old 09-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #14
BetterSense
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Dude that's funny, I was in HBHQ a couple weeks ago at like 5-6pm and there was a woman buying stuff basically reading a list off her smart phone and they were helping her figure it out, I figured some homebrewer had sent her to get stuff for a batch. I've taken my wife there a couple times to buy soda stuff; actually now that I think of it HBHQ is closer to my wife's work than mine so maybe I should start sending her, then at least she can't claim I'm hiding hobby expenses from her.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #15
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 577 Times on 413 Posts
Likes Given: 27

IPAs are great. When I was a new brewer, a guy at my LHBS said that IPAs are especially good for newbies b/c the hoppiness can mask many imperfections that might come up while you're learning the process.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #16
Taypo
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
Dude that's funny, I was in HBHQ a couple weeks ago at like 5-6pm and there was a woman buying stuff basically reading a list off her smart phone and they were helping her figure it out, I figured some homebrewer had sent her to get stuff for a batch. I've taken my wife there a couple times to buy soda stuff; actually now that I think of it HBHQ is closer to my wife's work than mine so maybe I should start sending her, then at least she can't claim I'm hiding hobby expenses from her.
That DEFINITELY wasnt my wife - she's just as into it as I am, which helps out a ton when it comes to dropping cash. We're still pretty new, so we're both asking a ton of questions and those guys are always happy to help.

Primary: Innkeeper
Secondary: Dawson's Kriek, Wee Heavy
Bottled: Spiced Holiday Ale,
Drinking: Moose Drool Clone, Irish Red, Oaked Whiskey Vanilla Porter, Milk Stout, NB Innkeeper Kit (West Yorkshire), NB Mild Ale (West Yorkshire), American Wheat
Planning: Irish Red, Patersbier,

Quick Reply