Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > at what increment should I increase fermenting temp?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
jourelemode
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Default at what increment should I increase fermenting temp?

just ordered a heating belt...should arrive tomorrow afternoon.

i got a quad fermenting right now and its been steady since saturday night. Saturday morning it was a very active fermentation and mellowed down to its current status. I'm getting about a bubble per second and its been like that since saturday evening.

during the hight of fermentation the temp was at 76-78*F and slowly dropped to 68-70*F in the following two days. It has remained at that temperature since, and that is the temp I keep my house. I want to get the banana, and bubblegum flavors from the yeast that i used with this which is 3787. What schedule should I do to increase the temp??? thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4633 Times on 4315 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Esters and Phenols are generally produced in the growth phase of the yeast cycle. If that phase has passed and fermentation phase has begun in earnest, it may be too late.

But 2 degree per hour is common.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
jourelemode
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Esters and Phenols are generally produced in the growth phase of the yeast cycle. If that phase has passed and fermentation phase has begun in earnest, it may be too late.

But 2 degree per hour is common.
oh really? darn, I thought that if you make it warmer during anytime of the fermentation, the yeast would produce those flavors. So its only during the time when they are multiplying?? So does that mean that if my pitch rate was on point, even if the temp was higher, it wouldn't create those flavors since there is no growth phase?

Old 11-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
jourelemode
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourelemode View Post
oh really? darn, I thought that if you make it warmer during anytime of the fermentation, the yeast would produce those flavors. So its only during the time when they are multiplying?? So does that mean that if my pitch rate was on point, even if the temp was higher, it wouldn't create those flavors since there is no growth phase?
so anyone got an answer to this question above ???

Quick Reply