Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > What im brewing...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
Brew_Dog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default What im brewing...

Just racked my ipa to a carboy and added my hops tea bag. It shall sit there for a few weeks. Then bulk prime and bottle.
Same time I started another ipa with a dry enzyme and safale s04 yeast.. I was a bit hot when I added the yeast but think it wont burn.
I also used some calcium sulphate. Not to sure how to calculate how much to use with my boiled tap water but blindly added 20grms. Still need to do more research. I know I made a top ipa with rain water once. Being in Australia I could have been the possum piss in it...lol.
Happy brewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2198 Times on 1914 Posts
Likes Given: 1645

Most of the time,it's best not to dry hop for more than 7-10 days. I get great hop aroma from dry hopping in 7 days. Too long & grassy/vegetal aromas & flavors can result. Not sure about the chemicals you used in water conditioning. I have yet to try all the packets og Burton water salts I picked up myself...

Old 05-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
Brew_Dog
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr
Most of the time,it's best not to dry hop for more than 7-10 days. I get great hop aroma from dry hopping in 7 days. Too long & grassy/vegetal aromas & flavors can result. Not sure about the chemicals you used in water conditioning. I have yet to try all the packets og Burton water salts I picked up myself...
Thanks.. Always like to here other brewers advice..will taste after a week and remove once I feel hopped...
Happy brewing

Old 05-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
PissyFingers
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew_Dog View Post
Thanks.. Always like to here other brewers advice..will taste after a week and remove once I feel hopped...
Happy brewing
+1 on the 7 day hop, and you will be surprised how after a few weeks in the bottle and the "green" new beer taste subsides how much more the hop character will start to shine through. My last IIPA took 6 weeks to start tasting and smelling REALLY good!

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS