What have you done today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bone2

Reaction score
I have bottled (2) 5 gallon carboys, and I'm brewing an American Bock Extract Brew right now.:cross:

Inventoried all my hops, grains and other expendables. Worked up 2 recipes to brew this weekend and actually did about an hours worth of real work from home.
Spent too many hours on here too.

Mounted my new pump and made up some new hoses to use with my 10 gallon system.

Gave it a 5 gallon trial run yesterday and will brew another 5 gallon trial tomorrow to see if it's truly dialed in.

:D

played WoW, ran to the LHBS for bottle caps, sugar, irish moss, and traded 4 odd sized CO2 bulbs for 3 normal sized ones that'll work in my charger.

now I'm deciding what I could brew in the next 9 days, since I'm burning all my vacation from 2007.
I feel like doing another 3 gallon batch of beer, and some sort of mead...maybe a small batch with some crazy spice action.

Made a starter 2 days ago so I'm ready to brew later this afternoon.

I've been laying tiles since yesterday...lay 10 take a break...lay 10 take a break...it's hard on the back...:mad:... I used 11 boxes of tile (15 in a box) out of the 30 boxes purchased. I have another 40 boxes still to pick up to finish the job...:mad:

homebrewer_99 said:
Made a starter 2 days ago so I'm ready to brew later this afternoon.

I've been laying tiles since yesterday...lay 10 take a break...lay 10 take a break...it's hard on the back...:mad:... I used 11 boxes of tile (15 in a box) out of the 30 boxes purchased. I have another 40 boxes still to pick up to finish the job...:mad:

Good god what are you tiling?

I tiled my entire basement floor in one day, it nearly killed me. I have never been so exhausted in my entire life. Looks great though!

I brewed my first beer today! I am calling it Blue Collar Pale Ale.

My basement floor also. How much SF is your basement? How old were you at the time? Did you have any help?

I'm doing over 1300 SF. That's about 1400 tiles with the trimming (I hope that's all). Me? I'm 53 (soloing the tile project so no help)...plus I take a lot of breaks...;)

Can I still bench press over 200 lbs? Yes, but it might kill me. As a heart attack survivor I've learned not to kill myself...it has serious complications...;)

Remember the story about the old bull and the young bull?? :D

A very big CONGRATS on your first brew!!!

I bottled up my first House Ale recipe I threw together. It's supposed to be a basic fridge filler that I can serve to anyone, particularly the BMC types. It tasted pretty damned good!

Now I'm waiting to get my wife's first wine into primary.

Rite now I'm 15 minutes into the boil on Biermuncher's Centenial Blonde :rockin:

Finished building my new 10 gallon mash tun.

Putting up shelves in the kids room

Buying ingredients for the 8.838 RIS - now I can do a full 5 gallons! :ban:

homebrewer_99 said:
My basement floor also. How much SF is your basement? How old were you at the time? Did you have any help?

I'm doing over 1300 SF. That's about 1400 tiles with the trimming (I hope that's all). Me? I'm 53 (soloing the tile project so no help)...plus I take a lot of breaks...;)

Can I still bench press over 200 lbs? Yes, but it might kill me. As a heart attack survivor I've learned not to kill myself...it has serious complications...;)

Remember the story about the old bull and the young bull?? :D

A very big CONGRATS on your first brew!!!

Wow that is a lot of tile. You will surely enjoy and be most proud of the results. That I can promise. I am 30 now and tiled it a couple months ago. The area I tiled was about 500 sq ft or so. So you are almost 3 times my project.

Thanks for the congrats on my first beer.

racked my einbock to secondary even though it appears stuck. an all grain recipe that started at 1.044 so i added dme to bounce it up to 1.054 and it stalled at 1.030. i added more lager yeast warmed it up a tad and nothing.
dumped in 1/2 the nottingham yeast cake from my cascade blonde and still nothing. added 2 beanos and swirled the fermenter.
now after 3 weeks it is at 1.026 so i decided to rack and hope the beano will work its magic over the lagering phase.
added gelatin to ed's haus pale ale and my cascade blonde to cold condition.
made up a 1 gallon wonder wine kit for swmbo and destemmed 11 pounds of
fall grapes(v.berlandieri) from the freezer to try a country wine.

Bottled my first Apfelwein.

Discovered my racking cane was broken, fixed it with a 3 in. length of tubing..

This was my second time bottling.
I enjoy it, somehow, a little bit like when you have a huge amount of piece work, and piece by piece you reach your goal. Or like mountain-climbing.

Cleaning up is a drag though.

"Racked" some apfelwein, pitched another gallon on the "yeast cake".

Brainstormed over my first bulk grain order, click "refresh" on UPS screens to find out exactly WHERE my Barley Crusher and new regulator are.

Goon said:
Wow that is a lot of tile. You will surely enjoy and be most proud of the results. That I can promise. I am 30 now and tiled it a couple months ago. The area I tiled was about 500 sq ft or so. So you are almost 3 times my project.

Thanks for the congrats on my first beer.
I'm sure I will be. That's why I am taking my time...;)

A couple years ago I laid 3 rooms with floating laminate flooring...I am pleased.

I paid someone to lay carpet in 3 rooms and the hall and I am totally not pleased with their work. I am certain I will be redoing it sometime in the future.

I like working with my hands, mechanical stuff, etc.

I'll be retiring in 18-20 months and will have more time to go to the start of the honey-do list again, but I swear everything's going to be done already(yeah, right!!) :D

Knowing SWMBO as I do, I'll probably have to re-do the kitchen I did 3 years ago...;)

I have a buttload of bottles to clean and sanitize.

72vdvsh.jpg

and then some friends are coming over to have some drinks and to grill some venison.

Cut my hair, checked in on HBT, cleaned on of SWMBO's horse stalls with the tractor, sat here on HBT all day, decided I was tired of reading about beer and drove to town to pick up a sixer of Fat Tire and a sixer of Moose Drool, came home and was told to warm the tractor up again because I needed to feed a bale to the horses, poured a Fat Tire, and am sitting here again.

Wow I need a life.:mug:

Slept past noon. The holidays have been a whirlwind. Had company until after 1:00 AM last night swilling stout and Irish red. Today we've rented a couple of movies to view on a projector I borrowed from work and my new surround sound system Santa brought. Hallowe'en (Rob Zombie) chosen by me, and Transformers chosen by the kids.

Forgive me for I am sinning. I'm drinking a vodka and lemonade. Maybe back into the homebrew later.

Back