Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > What to expect while making starter from jolly pumpkin dregs ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
ssray2000
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default What to expect while making starter from jolly pumpkin dregs ?

I have been attempting to grow up dregs from a jolly pumpkin ES Bam. I pitched in dregs from two bottles. After four days of no activity in the starter flask, all of a sudden the fermentation takes off vigorously with huge amount of bubbling and krausen in the airlock (still going). The fermenting starter wort smells sweet with fruit like notes.
As I understand from reading about JP dregs that they are a mixture of various brett yeasts. Does it also contain their primary yeast WL550? If I let the starter sit log enough, will the ratio of the bugs in it change and will eventually the bugs that create the typical JP funkiness dominate and get enriched?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply