Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > What beer to make with shortest time?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
Rounder999
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default What beer to make with shortest time?

With my first batch bottled (Amber Ale)with my second batch 1 week in the primary (also an Amber Ale)I am looking towards my next brewing adventure. I have on hand kits for an IPA, a stout and a wheat. I have some extra DME and some cascade hops for flavoring and aroma as well. Which of these would be ready in the shortest Time for drinking without compromising flovor? (Yes, I am anxious!)

Last edited by Rounder999; 10-26-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4460 Times on 3246 Posts
Likes Given: 868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder999 View Post
With my first batch bottled (Amber Ale)with my second batch 1 week in the primary (also an Amber Ale)I am looking towards my next brewing adventure. I have on hand kits for an IPA, a stout and a wheat. I have some extra DME and some cascade hops for flavoring and aroma as well. Which of these would be ready in the shortest Time for drinking without compomising flovor? (Yes, I am anxious!)
The wheat, undoubtedly. IPA and stout both need some time. A wheat can be ready in several weeks.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The Wheat beer will be ready...Especially if you get some 3068 or similar heffe yeast. They can be very good in a very short period of time. The batch I bottled with 3068 had good carbonation in 3 days (I try and always us 1 or 2 plastic bottles for every batch) after bottling, and I was drinking it at day 5. It's supposed to be cloudy...all that yeast gets carbonation done FAST.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
944play
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
It's supposed to be cloudy...all that yeast gets carbonation done FAST.
+1

3068 is Crazy Go Nuts. The smack pack was swelling after 20 minutes. I bottled last night, and the plastic bottles were firming up by the time I went to bed! I think it was even actively fermenting in the bottling bucket..

Quick Reply