Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > What am i doing wrong

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #11
Calder
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 239 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyhunter99 View Post
About a half an inch should remain and that will have yeast and hop particles in it.
Except for maybe the last beer from a batch that has been dry hopped, there should not be any hop material that gets to the bottle.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
bschrodt
Recipes 

Thanks for the info guys. Here is more background...the beer is in the fermenter only 7 days. Have not used Irish Moss yet but that was suggested to me by my son. Actually this weekend I am at my brother in laws and he still had a few bottles from my second batch ( 3 months ago) and the beer was clear. Lacked a bit of carbonation however the clarity and taste was great. So I think my biggest problem is I rush the process

Old 03-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
MimersMead
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschrodt View Post
Thanks for the info guys. Here is more background...the beer is in the fermenter only 7 days. Have not used Irish Moss yet but that was suggested to me by my son. Actually this weekend I am at my brother in laws and he still had a few bottles from my second batch ( 3 months ago) and the beer was clear. Lacked a bit of carbonation however the clarity and taste was great. So I think my biggest problem is I rush the process
I'm so impatient, I can sympathize with this. However, I find that if I time my brews so that I'm too busy to bottle for at least 3 weeks, it forces me to sit back and let the yeasties work. Everything seems to clear up after those time periods

Primary: Amber Wheat Ale, Double Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Secondary: Barkshack Gingermead

Quick Reply