Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > What accesories do I need now for the cornelius keg?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
tabasco
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default What accesories do I need now for the cornelius keg?

Total noob. I ordered two of pedalbikers cornelius kegs because I don't want to fool around with bottling. Seem like a good deal, too.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/cornelius-kegs-sale-46176/

I know I need a gauge, tubing and a spigot but what other fittings do I need for the top of the tank? I will be getting a CO2 tank locally.

Is the tubing a standard inside diameter or do I need to wait and see what kind of keg he sends?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 01:42 AM   #2
tabasco
Recipes 

Default Never mind!

I found the instructions on the Northern website.

But if anyone has any advice on using this setup, feel free to chime in.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
zanemoseley
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm kind of in the same boat as I just got 4 kegs off the forum however I just ordered my stuff from MW. I got a Cornelius brand dual gauge regulator (PN 8015 with 5/16" tubing) and the gas and beer tubing sets (PN's 5409 and 5408). They said that's all I need, it came to $80, I was lucky and had a filled 5lb CO2 tank that I previously used for a saltwater aquarium. I just filled my first keg today and am thrilled how easy it is, basically as much work as racking the beer to the bottling bucket minus all the bottle rinsing, sanitizing, filling and capping. Good luck.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:12 AM   #4
tabasco
Recipes 

Default What's MW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanemoseley View Post
I'm kind of in the same boat as I just got 4 kegs off the forum however I just ordered my stuff from MW. I got a Cornelius brand dual gauge regulator (PN 8015 with 5/16" tubing) and the gas and beer tubing sets (PN's 5409 and 5408). They said that's all I need, it came to $80, I was lucky and had a filled 5lb CO2 tank that I previously used for a saltwater aquarium. I just filled my first keg today and am thrilled how easy it is, basically as much work as racking the beer to the bottling bucket minus all the bottle rinsing, sanitizing, filling and capping. Good luck.
Thanks for the info! What's MW?

OK - got it - Midwest Brewing...aahhhaaaaa!

Last edited by tabasco; 03-03-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: found out the info

Quick Reply