Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Weird noob questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
NorCalBrewin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Default Weird noob questions...

Ok so I picked up a lot of brewing stuff from this old Swiss dude, one of those items was a corny filled with a 3 week old batch of a snpa clone hooked up to one of those mini travel 16 gram c02 things.
Well long, weird story short, the beer tastes fine but is totally flat.I guess He thought he could force carb with one of those little c02 thingys. I was wondering if I could just mix up 4 oz of priming sugar and drop it in the keg. But I had drank a couple too many and popped the lid open to look how much was left in the keg and I dropped the lid in! Doohp!

Soooo, can I re boil this possibly infected wort, pitch some yeast, ferment and be a happy camper with some crapy snpa? Or what? I just don't want to toss 4 gal of beer!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
bob3000
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

you can't reboil. just add some priming and see what happens it might be ok if you drink it quick.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
JFK
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I'd ruin the co2 on out at 15 psi for two weeks but with the dropped in lid and possible contamination you could use the 30 psi shake method that takes two days.i hate the shake method but in this situation it would be the safest bet.

Primary -
Conditioning - 5 gallons Oak Aged Sweet Tart Cherry melomel, 4 1 gallon variations of my Hops Mead.
Bottled - Choujiu (Chinese Rice Wine), Hefe, Godzilla IPA
Kegged - Godzilla IPA
On Deck - Choujiu (Chinese Rice Wine), Cream Soda for the wife n kids, German Style Pilsner with Michigan Hops,
Gone - to many to list.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
RM-MN
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 830 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 299

You have beer in there not wort so boiling will only serve to drive off the alcohol already present. You can't referment it because all the sugars that the yeast feed on have been consumed.

I'd try the priming sugar and hope that dropping the lid in doesn't lead to infection. Fish the lid out with something that has been sanitized, drop in the priming sugar, and replace the lid. You may want to use keg lube on the lid seal so it seals up right or you CO2 will escape and you'll end up with flat beer again.

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS