Warning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, man. That's actually sort of funny because I'm brewing today (as we speak in fact), and my brother smacked the pack once, then again. Then after ten minutes started to worry and was going to do it again, and I told him to let it alone. We might have had the same problem.

Yeah, I pimp-slapped the hell out of it after I guess 1 too many RDWHAHBs. It caused a pinhole in 1 corner that started spurting during yeast wakeup. I pitched it anyway against my better judgement (I was double pitching a high OG brew). I figured there was enough pressure inside to keep the yeast from getting contaminated.

Attempting it today, I would stop and act like its an ice pack, and just squeeze till it pops. I tried the ***** slapping also, but resorted to just sqeezing.

I always wondered about that. Yeah, the pressure and outgassing should keep any baddies from getting in.

Latest posts

Back