Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Want to experiment with fruit/honey

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
ChuckCollins
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Default Want to experiment with fruit/honey

Looking at try to use fruit/honey but not a big batch.I have a 5 gal carboy
but can I use if for 1 or 2 Gal batch or should I find something smaller.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2009, 04:50 AM   #2
bulldogbrit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Just added 1lb of honey to a Muntons porter pack. Took ages to start fermenting but now its bubbling away like a good un. Also - being the noob I am at all of this - shook the carboy with the ingredients and a bung to mix it all.

Made a lovely noise as the bung exploded. Picture white kitchen, sterilized baby bottles on the make shift beer making countertop, bemuzed look on my face and a wife that in the morning wondered why the place sparkled clean.

Guess I wont be shaking a glass carboy with a bung in the future. Read somewhere on this about rocking the baby - not shaking it. Oh well.

Hope your experiment goes better. I also added 2lbs of peeled and tenderized ginger to another pale ale batch. My hope is to emulate a Blandford Fly from the UK which I cant get here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply