Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > vodka soaked vanilla bean and lemon peal

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
themashedone
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default vodka soaked vanilla bean and lemon peal

im going to soak vanilla bean and ten lemon peels in vodka will the vodka sterilize the bean and peal or do i need to somehow do it before i dump into secondary. also im leaving this marinate for a week or two so while doing so does it need to be in the fridge.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
Reelale
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1373 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by themashedone View Post
im going to soak vanilla bean and ten lemon peels in vodka will the vodka sterilize the bean and peal or do i need to somehow do it before i dump into secondary. also im leaving this marinate for a week or two so while doing so does it need to be in the fridge.
Vodka will sterilize the bean and peels and also extract the flavor. It doesn't need to be refrigerated. And one vanilla bean goes a long way when soaked in vodka as far as flavoring.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply